Right front turn signal out, fast rear turn light (not a broken bulb)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coen Meinema

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

Since this is my first post here I’ll quickly tell something about myself.
I’m from the Netherlands and recently got a 2006 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 HEMI from my work. Since we’re towing lots of gear, it seemed to be a good fit for the company and I’m lucky enough to be driving it in the small streets of Europe.

After enjoying it for a while a weird problem started.

Recently the right front turn signal went out/stopped working. The rear is flashing quick (I hate hyper flash) but nothing in the front. Since there is a small turn signal on the fender (required in The Netherlands) that is wired directly to the front signal, that light isn’t working either.

When pressing the ‘panic button’ on top of the steering column all the lights work normal, except the front right. When connecting it to the left blinker the lights in the front work. When connecting to the rear right light it works, but still flashes quick when using the regular right turn signal.

What have I done so far?
1. Check all the bulbs and fuses, all ok. Parking light on the right works, so the ground seems ok.
2. Ran a test wire from the back lights (left and right) to see what works. Right front lights are lighting up when connecting but somehow don’t get power without the extra wire.
3. When connecting to the right rear flasher, the front right turning light works but blink fast.

Since I really want to get this sorted I’m looking for options. Is there anyone who might have an idea or suggestion where to look next? If all else fails I’m thinking of wiring the light to the rear so at least it works but flashes quickly.

(I’ve seen a video on youtube of someone resetting their TIPM by connecting the positive and negative battery connections to each other (off power of course). Would this be an option?)