Right rear turn signal light out message - but it’s not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp28173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 RAM 1500 Express with factory LED tail lights. Intermittently I get a ding on my dashboard that my right rear turn signal light is out. I’ve verified that all the LEDs in the tail light are working both when on as well as when the brake is applied. When this message appears the turn signal sound and green arrow on dash blinks very fast, but the exterior lights all work fine. I read one thread that had multiple people say it’s the 3rd brake light, but I checked that and it’s also working 100% fine. I do have an aftermarket LED in the factory 3rd brake light housing but it’s been in there almost 2 years with no issues. Anything else that could be causing this?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might have a bad ground or connection, In your right rear taillights, I would check the connection in your third brake light.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 14 does the same thing, but for the left rear. Are you sure all the led's are actually working? I'm betting a few of the individual bulbs are out that change the continuity enough to fool the computer. I also have the fast blink because computer thinks they are out. However every thing works fine. I just ignore the fast blink on left turns at this point.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got the same message often with my 2017 CTD.

I pulled the tail lights, disconnected the harness, used some electronic contact cleaner on both ends of the connector and then put some dielectric grease in each connector.

The message stopped.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Is it possible that the bulb back there is reversed ? or is that even possible ?