rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dolby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everybody,
Long story short. This 2003 Ram 1500 slt 4 by4 (4.7 engine) quad cab automatic trans. was husband's new to him truck. Unfortunately, soon after he purchased it He suffered a stroke which left him cognitively and physically impaired. So I'm taking care of the old girl(his truck). There are stock rims (265 70 r 17 tires) on her now. Unfortunately one rim leaks and since I'm getting ready to buy new tires, I'd like to purchase some used rims (Since new ones are beyond my budget). Looking thru Craigslist, there are listings such as dodge rims. I have researched enough to know that I have 3rd gen. rims, but could use more information on what I need. (I read a post said I could use 4th gen. rims, just use the same lug nuts). What questions should I ask someone selling ram rims? Does anyone know what years are interchangeable? Most craiglisters don't state or know bolt pattern, offset. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you go to your local auto wreckers you can get a matching rim to the ones you have and only have to replace the one that leaks. Will very likely be your cheapest option by far. Also, if they are Alloy or steel rims and you have a rim repair place in your town, don't know if you are in Baltimore or just close, most leaks can be fixed very cheaply.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Before buying any new parts I would ask if you have had a tire place look at the rim? Unless it is physically damaged (ie dented) it is most likely fixable. If it really is damaged I would recoemend you go to an online type used parts reseller such as https://www.lkqonline.com/ and purchase a replacement rim rather than looking at Craigslist.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This might help. It's a wheel size comparison site and it lists all Ram years showing rim sizes, bolt patterns & wheel offsets.

There are many wheels from numerous model years that will fit your truck.

Good luck!

Wheel Size . com

OP
OP
D

Dolby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, Thanks to all of you for your responses. Just to clear things up. The rim is dented (son hit a curb). I think they are chrome. Not sure. Had it to mechanic. It leaks slower, but still leaks. I am looking at LKQ online, now. And Wheelsize.com I already studied for other years that match and even bookmarked it for future reference. Now armed with this information I feel more confident in finding the right rim. ps My husband was a truck mechanic and just like all of you...happy to help anyone he could.