RIPP Coil Packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMan92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Hello y'all,

I've been speaking to RIPP about their coil packs being compatible with the 2020 Ram 1500 3.6L w/Etorque, they informed me that the (2018+ Wrangler JL & Gladiator 3.6 High Performance Coil Packs) are compatible. Seems a little sketchy to me though because for one I have the eTorque and two, I have a Ram Pentastar not a Jeep Pentastar, the coil pack output may be different seeing how the truck makes 305 HP and the Jeep makes like 285. You guys have any thoughts on this? I'd like to pull the trigger on these soon, they have great reviews and dynos to prove their gains.

Cheers

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram and Jeep use the same motor. Technically it’s a Chrysler motor to begin with. And if you’re upgrading coil packs the RIPP coil pack will most likely be a different output than your stock anyways. Unless you’re going for really big power boosted I don’t see a point in coil packs or how coil packs get you more power.

OP
OP
RAMan92

RAMan92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Ram and Jeep use the same motor. Technically it’s a Chrysler motor to begin with. And if you’re upgrading coil packs the RIPP coil pack will most likely be a different output than your stock anyways. Unless you’re going for really big power boosted I don’t see a point in coil packs or how coil packs get you more power.
Well RIPP claims the spark on their coil packs is 29 milijoules, but I read from a FCA website that the new PUG Pentastars come equipped with 100 milijoule coil packs... Seems like the stocks ones are much better.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There’s pretty much no reason to upgrade the coils unless you’re going for LOTS of power to the point the stock coils are no longer adequate. Most of the aftermarket coils aren’t as reliable as the OE ones as well.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also you probably have to install new spark plugs to go with the new paks. Hotter or colder plug you should find that out also. Why you messing with a brand new truck like that.Also might get into trouble with the engine warranty because of what you want to do. I would do your home work well on that one idea