Road noise in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SATCOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had complaints, by rear seat passengers, in my 2019 RAM 1500 (11,500 miles) crewcab Laramie of excessive road noise. I know some road noises in front but radio and bad hearing make it negligible for me. I road in backseat and was really surprised at the volume of the noises! It was worst when roads wet. How can I dampen noises to improve this situation? Thanks.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have the in floor storage compartments? I always suspected they could make for a noisy interior.

OP
OP
S

SATCOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, but I should have posted a more correct question. Road noise on bottom of steel cab. Wet weather water striking bottom of cab is very loud. Dirt roads can hear/feel every little pebble.

keithsw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but I should have posted a more correct question. Road noise on bottom of steel cab. Wet weather water striking bottom of cab is very loud. Dirt roads can hear/feel every little pebble.
I have a brand new Longhorn and drove it in the rain for the first time last night, and immediately noticed the road noise in the rain. Kind of concerning considering we ride back and forth from Southwest Florida to western North Carolina. Last time we made the trip in my other vehicle it rained for 5 straight hours.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Strange, my 2020 Limited has the same noise from right rear passenger side. I keep checking to see if the window is open. Maybe insulation above the plastic wheel well shield or some type of sound barrier? Obviously people have the same issue so there’s got to be a fix for it?