Rock guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ferd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Baby!
Hello all. I need a little help removing the factory rock guards from my 17 Ram to install mud guards. I tried removing the rear rock guard and that little screw that holds the rear portion kicked my butt! I couldn't get to where I could get a good look at it, but the screws seem to thread into some sort of plastic nut and they will not screw out. The instructions only say to remove the rock guards but nothing about them being such a pia! Anyone know how to remove these blasted screws? Thanks!

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have much memory of doing that job because it didn't give me any trouble, but if you're not able to get the screws to push themselves out from the nylon nuts can you give them a little tension by pulling on the rock guard while you turn the screwdriver - putting a little tension on the back side of the screw head?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hit them with a rock couple of times and like magic they'll fall off. They should be called bug guards.