ROLL-UP INFO: FOTA 18.11.x & uC D/L 18.45.01 SW Update 13-17 RA3/Vp3-NA & Ra4 VP4-NA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSouthernOracle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I've been trying to follow a couple of threads for the radio and ill admit I'm lost!!

I have a 2016 1500 that was originally from Canada.. now from what I've been reading I can't really go any higher on my FW which is 15.30.2 or have I misread it all. If can do a FW update what benefits will I get out of it?

Help a confused new ram owner

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So I've been trying to follow a couple of threads for the radio and ill admit I'm lost!!

I have a 2016 1500 that was originally from Canada.. now from what I've been reading I can't really go any higher on my FW which is 15.30.2 or have I misread it all. If can do a FW update what benefits will I get out of it?

Is there some issue with your current firmware? I don't see any issues noted in your post. If not, I would leave it alone. If ain't broke, don't fix it. Otherwise you run the risk of "fixing" it until it is broken.

TheSouthernOracle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is there some issue with your current firmware? I don't see any issues noted in your post. If not, I would leave it alone. If ain't broke, don't fix it. Otherwise you run the risk of "fixing" it until it is broken.
that's kind the feeling that I was getting, and there is no issue with my current setup unless you count crappy FM signal as a issue.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
Will the older FW take the current map updates?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This may have been answered somewhere so forgive me if so.
If I upgraded my 2016 Laramie radio to a newer model (2019,2020,etc) will that give me any benefits? Like being faster or connecting with my android phone better? I'd like to be able to use the Waze app on my screen. Right now I still have to use my phone :(

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Mpgrimm2 has there been any updates for the 8.4c since they came out with the "fix" for their ota screw up? I have that one in that helped the audio quality compared to the horrid update but when sustaining high volumes it starts to muffle down and loose clarity until you turn it down for a short period then it goes away almost like its compensating for saving the factory speakers. But it really puts a damper on quality running to the amps and gets obnoxious with everything upgraded

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will the older FW take the current map updates?
I just updated my 16 to the most current maps and prior to that install it wanted (which i had already) the latest firmware installed ver. 18.45.01. BUT after I updated my maps my gos freezes, resets, screen goes blank. Completely screwed up and made my gps fairly useless.

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have upgraded a 2017 Canadian VP3 RA3 from 16.21.19 to 17.43.01 successfully. Dealer says 17.43.01 is the last file he has access to for my 2017. Now I'm investigating if 18.45.01 download is available canadian RA3/VP3

EDIT: now updated to 18.45.01 from file in this post#3

Last edited:

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was having trouble updating my FW. Because of me I bricked it. Can it be sent anywhere to be repaired? What all info do I need to find a replacement? Is there a thread some where that will help me out? Thanks in advance. This was not a firmware brick I caused it.

It is not as bricked as I thought. I am just in an endless loop of failing on the update at 1% of unit 11 and 67% total. Keeps telling me the same part is failing and to remove the usb to reset. Not sure what I am going to do.

Update. Called Uconnect. Said this was happening to others and to just leave it and continue to wait for 45 mins and it should power thru. So I will update in a couple of hours on if that works for me.

Last edited:

Deadpooly6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got a VP4 from a guy and he has no clue what it came out of, go figure. My issue is that when I go to update it I get a message saying that its not the right year/make/model. Anyone know of a way that I can find out what the HU was actually in previously or originally since the seller cant help me. It works fine now I just would like to update it to correct my time.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So I got a VP4 from a guy and he has no clue what it came out of, go figure. My issue is that when I go to update it I get a message saying that its not the right year/make/model. Anyone know of a way that I can find out what the HU was actually in previously or originally since the seller cant help me. It works fine now I just would like to update it to correct my time.
You need to ID the actual o
PN on the back of the radio and then go here...

INFO - 2013-2017 8.4AN FW Notes (RA4/VP4 NA).

M² Mods.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hoping someone can help me. After some time it was determined that my radio was to be replaced because of the firmware issue I had. The radio was replaced. I have a 2014 VP4. Before all this happened I installed and had working a cargo cam. If you put it in reverse the picture came up and had two camera buttons, one for the rear and one for the cargo. And both worked as they should. I also had a cargo button on the control screen that would turn the cargo cam on. It would then show the two buttons on the screen again. After the new radio was installed I no longer have the cargo button. If I enable the cargo cam with Alfa then I lose the backup camera working in reverse. The only way it shows up is if I enable the cargo cam button and the grid lines are gone. How do you get the cargo cam to work??

Wayne Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
my 14 come out of Canada and its stuck on 14.something and both websites say that my truck is up to date i dont kno wat to do and the dealship want 125 to update it and if it crashs its on me to replace the radio so im f***ed

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hoping someone can help me. After some time it was determined that my radio was to be replaced because of the firmware issue I had. The radio was replaced. I have a 2014 VP4. Before all this happened I installed and had working a cargo cam. If you put it in reverse the picture came up and had two camera buttons, one for the rear and one for the cargo. And both worked as they should. I also had a cargo button on the control screen that would turn the cargo cam on. It would then show the two buttons on the screen again. After the new radio was installed I no longer have the cargo button. If I enable the cargo cam with Alfa then I lose the backup camera working in reverse. The only way it shows up is if I enable the cargo cam button and the grid lines are gone. How do you get the cargo cam to work??

What software version are you running? I think this is a know issue for a 17.something version. Maybe Upgrade to version 18.45.01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 14 come out of Canada and its stuck on 14.something and both websites say that my truck is up to date i dont kno wat to do and the dealship want 125 to update it and if it crashs its on me to replace the radio so im f***ed

Some will say if you don’t have issues don’t bother with the update. If you still want to update the you need 17.43.01 file specific to your year and RA3 or RA4
Then onto 18.43.01

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What software version are you running? I think this is a know issue for a 17.something version. Maybe Upgrade to version 18.45.01

I was trying to update to 18.43.01. If you have a cargo cam that is working you do NOT want to update to 18.43.01. You will no long have the cargo cam. I had F/W 18.13.XX and the cargo cam worked as it should. I am in the process of working with Uconnect in an attempt to get it corrected.

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was trying to update to 18.43.01. If you have a cargo cam that is working you do NOT want to update to 18.43.01. You will no long have the cargo cam. I had F/W 18.13.XX and the cargo cam worked as it should. I am in the process of working with Uconnect in an attempt to get it corrected.

17.43.01 is listed as disabling dual cam on the 2013-2017 FW Notes tread but I don’t have dual cam so I cannot confirm if it’s working on 18.45.01.

You wrote 18.43.01, I wrote 18.45.01

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wayne Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Some will say if you don’t have issues don’t bother with the update. If you still want to update the you need 17.43.01 file specific to your year and RA3 or RA4
Then onto 18.43.01

I can't even get to that part of the website to do anything it tells me I'm up to date and the radio is glitching and so is the backup camera and the HVAC controller are sometimes it say I have dual Climate control and I don't