Roller on lifters seizing up???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I'm reading on a FB group that this is a major issue. Is that why yall talk so much about oil?
Yes sir, oil strategy is one of the most important things we all need to pay attention to. Every 5.7 and 6.4 engine has 16 lifters and all it takes is 1 to seize up and eat the camshaft. Check out the YouTube videos on lifter failures, there is a ton of them.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Full synthetic of your choice+catch can+oil change every 3000 and it should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Full synthetic of your choice+catch can+oil change every 3000 and it should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you suggesting to change the ENGINE oil every 3,000 miles with a good full Synthetic.?

Even with these Hemi’s that is a bit early. Many in the syn thread go 6,000++ miles with good UOA.

I would suggest 6,000 minimum with a GOOD synthetic.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just use redline 5w30 syn oil its the only oil that works in these hemis Its expensive but it will make your engine last and run quiet.

Last edited:

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just use redline 5w30 syn oil its the only oil that works in these hemis Its expensive but it will make your engine last and run quiet.

Well, not the only one, but a great one...I'm a QSUD man, myself, but if you stick to a quality 30-weight synthetic and a synthetic filter, you should be just fine!

Oh, and don't forget to get an UOA every once in a while, too.

TXCOMT

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New guy. Old guy. Not engine smart.

2015 Ram 5.7. 88K miles. All maintenance completed on schedule. Synthetic oil. Believe it is 5/30.

So, both 5 year / 100K drive train and Max warranty should cover my Ram problems.

Ram guys say engine blew a rod.

Waiting in line for "investigation" before ordering new engine.

Questions...your experience and insights please.

- My Ram engine problem likely related to the lifter issue / oil issue I see in so many threads?

- Any reason Ram would not stand by warranties? Investigation, I understand. Manufacture wants to know what part(s) failed. Supplier issue(s).

- Does Ram replace with new or reworked engine?

Thank you for your insights and thoughts.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I wouldn't answer any question from dealer, they have to prove neglet to deny you. wait til they deny before worrying about it.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm reading on a FB group that this is a major issue. Is that why yall talk so much about oil?

I'm on the fb group as well. You have keep in mind their average iq is like 60. About 75% of the posts are mis information and people with no idea what they are talking about. Most of them go to Walmart and buy whatever and think royal purple is the best oil ever made

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't answer any question from dealer, they have to prove neglet to deny you. wait til they deny before worrying about it.

Thanks. ^^^ is my thought.

Being engine replacement is, in my mind significant bucks, concerned they may try deny claim. 100% you are right. It is not a problem, unless Ram denies claim.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew

Being engine replacement is, in my mind significant bucks, concerned they may try deny claim. 100% you are right. It is not a problem, unless Ram denies claim.

if you are stock and dealer maintained at correct intervals, how could they deny you? i understand having no confidence in a dealer to stand behind their product, but you should be good. dont stress over something that has yet to happen!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm on the fb group as well. You have keep in mind their average iq is like 60. About 75% of the posts are mis information and people with no idea what they are talking about. Most of them go to Walmart and buy whatever and think royal purple is the best oil ever made

ironically enough, i remember a test that was done of about 15 motorcycle oils and royal purple was on the bottom. lol.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

i get your concern. I'm OCD so this sort of thing can take hold in my brain. its hard to imagine this being covered because it's thousands and thousands of dollars, but that's US as consumers think, not big company think. they replace/fix motors, trannys etc under warranty all the time. All the car companies do. it's a built in cost of doing business for them just like insurance companies. not "holy crap! we have to replace an engine!" like it is for us little guys:)