Rollover valve fixes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi folks, need some help here. I have an 05 Ram 1500 4x4 SLT 5.7 with 26 gal tank. I've had evap codes off and on for a couple years now. Recently when filling gas tank I smelled fuel and started looking around. When I looked between the cab and bed, I saw fuel leaking from what I THOUGHT was the fuel pump. So, I ordered a new one and when it arrived, I unbolted the bed and tilted it up and blocked it only to find out that what I thought was the fuel pump, was actually the front rollover valve. After some research, I've found that this is not replaceable and have to replace the whole tank. Was wondering if anyone had any fixes or at least know where I can get one for less than the $800 I've found them for?? Any help, advice, or opinions are appreciated!! Thanks

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Car-part.com just buy a salvaged one should be less than $200

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you snap the outlet off of it? That's the most common issue I've seen.

I have seen people use JB Weld or epoxy to glue it back together before. I don't know how permanent of a fix that is, but it seems to work at least temporarily.

OP
OP
R

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I thought about that as I am a copart member and have one within 10 miles. The problem is, I'm in NC and I've never seen one go that cheap. (that wasn't completely destroyed, anyway)

OP
OP
R

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, it actually was leaking from around the cap. The vaccume line and nipple are intact. The cap was broken and pretty much just disintegrated when I messed with it. Now the diaphragm is exposed.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where in NC? car-parts.com has them listed for $75 all over the place for the 26 gallon tank.

OP
OP
R

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dunn, between Raleigh and Fayette-nam.

OP
OP
R

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to update this in case anyone else has this issue...
My rollover valve was NOT broken, only cracked in 2 places. So, I got some jb weld plastic epoxy and just smothered the damn thing! Went ahead and replaced fuel pump since I had the new one and I was under there anyway. Erased all codes before initial start up and been running great! No evap codes, been running about 500 miles. May be a temporary fix, but my logic says why spend $100 for a fuel tank roughly the same age as the one I have and risk the same problem. The epoxy was $6. Hope this helps someone, thanks for the input, guys!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jhm2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which JB weld did you use? I have an 04 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 with the same issue. I don’t see any cracks or anything broken but it leaks nonetheless.