Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaredWhitley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Anyone have any opinions on the rough country 2" front leveling consisting of coil springs and N3 shocks? This is for a 2WD

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I'm not mistaken, the Rough Country 2" leveling kit for 4th generation Ram DS models consists of just the struts, not new springs - and conversely the Rough Country 2" kit that includes both struts and springs is for the front of 5th generation 4wd DT Rams.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I'm not mistaken, the Rough Country 2" leveling kit for 4th generation Ram DS models consists of just the struts, not new springs - and conversely the Rough Country 2" kit that includes both struts and springs is for the front of 5th generation 4wd DT Rams.

The OP has a 2wd, it’s a completely different front suspension set up than the 4wd and doesn’t use struts. I looked up the 2” coils on the RC site and it looks like a solid option for a 2wd level. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it.

OCbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s probably a good setup. I running MaxTrac 2.5” coils with Fox shocks kit and really like it. CST also has leveling coils, and they are a good name in suspension kits. As long as you go with coils over spacers, I’m sure you’ll be happy with whatever you get.

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted a review on here. Search for my post.

WilliamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have them and they ride like factory imo. not a perfect level but probably as close as you'll get with whats out there

PJ1521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've been lookin' at this same leveling option. I read someone else's post on here that stated he had issues with it & ended up going to the 4" lift. I dunno what truck he was running it on exactly. I know it's been a few months since this thread was started. What decision did you go with & are you happy with it? I'm just personally looking for the best option for putting 35's on my truck with no issues & not breaking the bank...

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would advise against RC.
My 2" strut/coils gave me almost 4".
My truck looks like an ignorant brodozer wanna be.

They ride rougher than my rancho quick lifts. At first liked it, now i dont.

The height of rancho was perfect, but the spring isolators broke. I dont want to be replacing and dealing warranties.

I contacted RC, they acted like this was normal. Why would you sell 4" and call it 2". Their solution was to sell me rear spacers to even it out.

Seems like my solution is to cut the springs. I cant go back to stock or different brand because i threw my old struts away.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to add. I am not an isolated case. Looks like forum complain about ride height for years.

Seems like a lot f150 complaints.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would advise against RC.
My 2" strut/coils gave me almost 4".
My truck looks like an ignorant brodozer wanna be.

They ride rougher than my rancho quick lifts. At first liked it, now i dont.

The height of rancho was perfect, but the spring isolators broke. I dont want to be replacing and dealing warranties.

I contacted RC, they acted like this was normal. Why would you sell 4" and call it 2". Their solution was to sell me rear spacers to even it out.

Seems like my solution is to cut the springs. I cant go back to stock or different brand because i threw my old struts away.

Forgot to add. I am not an isolated case. Looks like forum complain about ride height for years.

Seems like a lot f150 complaints.
2wd or 4x4 ?
Edited:
Never mind i seem to remember your post is a 4x4 :)
You may have received the wrong QL struts if you ended up with 4" lift. it's supposed to be 2.5 instead of 2"

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what i asked. The box was marked correct. I tild him that i could see the part number on the springs and asked if he could check to see they are right. He didnt want to hear it.