Rough country 3” with Uca”s..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Please tell us why the change of heart on the Rough Country 3 " lift.....

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s just to stiff for my liking, travel is limited, I really baby it off road because it feels like it is just “ Sprung to right”. I feel as if I where to jerk the wheel to avoid something I wouldn’t be able to get the truck back on track due to the ridiculous amount of body roll. The factory struts are just under to much pressure and now the top of the strut where the nit is squeaks like something awful, I spray it with lithium grease every now and then to quiet it down. I honestly only drive the truck on the weekends and even then I don’t drive it much, so it really doesn’t bother me until we go off-roading and then it only bugs me because on my previous rough country lifted half ton, I would treat it like a stretch from the Baja 500.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are not factory cv axels/ boots so the angle looks very steep if that's how the truck looks at rest.
What did you do for control arms?

dc435911

Reaction score
Good and thanks

I'm interested to see how this kit turns out over the next couple months. I keep reading on here that the 2.8 setting on the bilsteins are causing vibrations. I hope you dont develop any issues , but am interested.

I think if I decide to go this route, I will go with a 2 tgc rear spacer to keep some rake.

Please report back with your experience.
I run Bilstein at 2.8"+ height with no vibration in 4wd. Runs great. A bit more axle wrap in tight turns but that's typical.