Rough Country 3.5" and Power Steps install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just made the appointment to get my power steps and a 3.5" Rough Country lift installed. Take it in on Monday (8/10) and pick up the truck on Tuesday. Pics to follow in about a week...

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Made a last minute switch to Ready Lift 3.5" but will report back when done (with pics of course).

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For now, just keeping my 295/60r20’s which are essentially 34x11.8’s. May go up to 35’s if those look too small, but I actually think they’ll look good.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kevin,

You putting your stock shocks back on, or using the ones from your mopar lift?

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kevin,

You putting your stock shocks back on, or using the ones from your mopar lift?

I never had the Mopar lift. I had the Rough Country leveling kit (just the hockey puck spacers) so I'm still using the stock shocks. I always knew this was only a place holder for me, and that I would go to a lift as they became available. I'm going to see how the 3.5" lift looks/feels. May got a little higher in the future, or could just leave it at the 3.5" if it achieves what I want.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like mine,the ride is a little different and not as great at stock. I am sure down the road I will probably do coil overs when they come out.

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like mine,the ride is a little different and not as great at stock. I am sure down the road I will probably do coil overs when they come out.

Did you ever drive with the original wheels/tires after lift was installed? I had my leveling kit on for about a week before my tires and wheels were installed, and noticed zero difference in the ride - until I put the new tires and wheels on. Not a huge difference (in fact my wife didn't even really notice a difference) but I could feel it.

I'm wondering how much of the difference you feel is from the lift, and how much of the difference is from your wheels/tires.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not, I will be doing that in the winter thou. I am sure the tires play a role in it.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never drove with original wheels/tires after my level. I did change out my wheels and tires before the level and could instantly tell it was a stiffer ride on the stock suspension. I went with BFG KO2s in 275/65. The load E rating and stiffer sidewall make a huge difference. Once I put the level on, there was no further difference in ride quality. It was all due to the tires.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
For now, just keeping my 295/60r20’s which are essentially 34x11.8’s. May go up to 35’s if those look too small, but I actually think they’ll look good.

I have the mopar 2" lift with a 34" tire (came with the base 32" tire). With a 3.5" lift I would do a 35" tire for sure.

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx Are they controlled thru the radio or external switch?
They just open when the door opens, and close a few seconds after it is closed. I was under the impression that a "flash" from the dealer would give me an icon in the UConnect system, but my dealer said no. Not sure what exactly was done for the $70 they charged me for the flash.