Rough Country 3.5" and Power Steps install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Yes dealerships have a funny way of “ charging “ for things that do not seem to have any effects.

dozer327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They just open when the door opens, and close a few seconds after it is closed. I was under the impression that a "flash" from the dealer would give me an icon in the UConnect system, but my dealer said no. Not sure what exactly was done for the $70 they charged me for the flash.

Do you have the option to deploy them when parked?

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was that 1500 installed? My local dealer wanted 1775+tax installed.
No, steps only. MSRP on them is $1500, and my dealer was going to charge an additional $400 to install. The first appointment they had available was more than a month out, so I had my local 4x4 shop install them instead (and they charged me $325).
Also, when I went to pick them up, I asked if there are any discounts available since I bought my truck there, and they gave me 10% off (which is $150 OFF on that so I'm glad I asked).
I hope that helps.

David87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. The dealer did a "flash" to my computer after install, but it didn't give me any settings. Not sure why.
Most probably the flash was to make them open and close only, do you know how there connected to the truck fuse box or to were they get the signal to open and close?

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most probably the flash was to make them open and close only, do you know how there connected to the truck fuse box or to were they get the signal to open and close?

I'm not sure exactly how they were installed - they are the factory steps, so I would imagine it's just however FCA has them set up to install.

BTW, the step setting is now showing up on my UConnect. Maybe it needed to cycle through a few times for them to show, but they are there now. It allows you to deploy the steps or pull them in at a touch of a "button" (on screen - like turning on the backup camera even when you are not in reverse).

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is it possible to take a photo of your screen showing this please ?