Rough Country front coil overs 2" lift N3 performance. Anyone install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its a new shop. Yup, I asked for side by side pics.
If it sits lower in front, I might pull rear spacer out.
You may need those spacers to keep those TT coils fully seated when offroading. I think your rear Fox shocks are 26.85" extended. Stockers are 25.5, and your TT coils are 1" shorter that stock.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You may need those spacers to keep those TT coils fully seated when offroading. I think your rear Fox shocks are 26.85" extended. Stockers are 25.5, and your TT coils are 1" shorter that stock.

Good catch! Thank you Sir. I dont offroad. None the less, good catch. We'll see in a few hours.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, he sent pic and said he was wrong. Same size. :buttkick:
I'll update more when I get truck back.
ICON vs Rough Country

Shocks.jpg

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok. She is home. I drove it for 30min. Some highway (70mph). Not much time nor are they settled in. Here is my findings so far. If I had put these on first, I wouldn't have bought the others. Their not perfect. But, my search is over. If things change after break in, ill post back. Otherwise, if you are reading this, for the price, try them.

A. I'd say they ride more like the Fox. Soft.
B. I'd say they are in between the Fox and ICON coil overs. More of a factory ride.
C. I measured before and after. Small change. 39 3/4" vs 39 1/2"

Here are the coil overs I have tried and my personal opinion. Which is key.

Bilstein 5100 - Firm in city, hard hits on pot holes. Vibration on highway
Fox shocks (rear) - On the soft side. Almost to soft. Almost.
ICON - Firm in city and on pot holes. Great in dirt on a fire road I went on though.
Eibech - Odd ride. Can't explain it. Even mechanic said same.
Rough Country N3 - I put them between Fox and ICON but closer to Fox. Factory ride.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, he sent pic and said he was wrong. Same size. :buttkick:

View attachment 220667
Yep that's pretty much same length and what i was expecting to see. Both should be extended travel. The stockers are shorter in length by about 1". 5100's are a tad shorter than stockers or same length. I can't remember from the pics side by side.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. She is home. I drove it for 30min. Some highway (70mph). Not much time nor are they settled in. Here is my findings so far. If I had put these on first, I wouldn't have bought the others. Their not perfect. But, my search is over. If things change after break in, ill post back. Otherwise, if you are reading this, for the price, try them.

A. The "pogo stick" ride is gone.
B. I'd say they ride more like the Fox.
C. I'd say they are in between the Fox and ICON coil overs. More of a factory ride.
D. I measured before and after. No change. 39 1/2"

Here are the coil overs I have tried and my personal opinion. Which is key.

ICON - Pogo stick ride on highway and very firm in city and on pot holes. Great in dirt on a fire road I went on though.
Rough Country N3 - I put them between Fox and ICON but closer to Fox. Factory ride.
Are you going to sell the Icons ?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Happy with the RC? Curious to hear since nobody really runs them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Happy with the RC? Curious to hear since nobody really runs them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am. I left a review above. Any questions ask :D. Here to help.

Post #44

A. I'd say they ride more like the Fox. Soft.
B. I'd say they are in between the Fox and ICON coil overs. More of a factory ride.
C. I measured before and after. No change. 39 1/2"

Here are the coil overs I have tried and my personal opinion. Which is key. Your opinion may differ.

ICON - Firm in city and on pot holes. Great in dirt on a fire road I went on though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looks like I will need to take it down for an alignment. I was hoping since it was just a swap I wouldn't need one. But it has a slight drift to the left. Was there something in the install it needs one? I get if its OEM to a lifted coil over. But, this was lifted to lifted per say. Can someone explain why. Thanks

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not beating a dead horse, if I am, let me know. I know not much info is out there. So, this is an update on the coil overs. Went on a drive. About 2 hours. Included city, highway, and some fire roads including ruts, and rocks. Here is my take

85mph and under, they road smooth. Factory. Over 85mph, seemed a pinch firm. As for offroad if you call it that. Previous jeeper lol. It had ruts, small rocks, soft dirt, etc. When comparing the RC N3 to the rear Fox myself and wife both agree offroad the N3 shined. They handled it smooth in our opinion. Still impressed. Is it the perfect shock? Nope. Does it fit my needs? Yes. So much so, I might swap the rears out and put the N3 in the rear. :driver:

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Any update on these?
Also what's your fender measurements at the front bottom of the fender I think I'm at 36"-1/2" on stock 20" rims
I do 0 off road and want a smooth ride not stiff
Thanks!

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have on the front the N3 and back V2. The V2 wasn't available at the time for the front. I feel the the N3 is stock. Some throw the word around as to be great. But, stock is avg to me. The V2 are more performance i'd say. With that said I like both. I just lean towards the V2. I looked at my comments I see I put 39 1/2" for front.