Rough Country Lifts - Ackermann problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilTwin v2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I’ve seen several posts involving alignment issues with RC 4” and 6” lift kits. I fought and fought and finally figured it out. RC has 2 different knuckles for their 6” kits. One set has the correct Ackermann and the other does not, causing the insides of the front tires to wear very quickly.

Ackermann principle is basically the angle of the steering arms is out ever So slightly from center so that the inside tire travels in a tighter radius than the outside tire in a turn. With incorrect Ackermann, you can get alignment after alignment and it will always spec ok, because it is ok with the wheels straight.

Its raining right now, but I’ll try to get some pictures later of the incorrect and correct knuckles for the 6” kits.

Unfortunately, I removed my 6” and went to a 4”, and now I’m fighting it all over again. I’m not sure if I‘m going to keep fighting or spend the money on a different brand lift. I love everything about my truck except the way it handles.