Rough country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willisnation52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
I got a 2019 ram 1500 new model and I installed the 3.5 inch lift from rough country anyone have problems with this lift with the lift I also installled rough country heavy duty struts since installing this full lift I’m having a clang noise when I put foot on gas from stand still and when I go in reverse it’s like a clang crunch Type noise when it’s wet out side or raining it’s louder and all day long when dry outside not so much I don’t know if it’s the lift or transfer case or ujoints sway bar dealership had it for 7 days said they didn’t hear it which is ******** but any thoughts can anyone help me I’m to the point whole lift coming out or I’m trading the truck in that’s how annoying it is please help

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I got a 2019 ram 1500 new model and I installed the 3.5 inch lift from rough country anyone have problems with this lift with the lift I also installled rough country heavy duty struts since installing this full lift I’m having a clang noise when I put foot on gas from stand still and when I go in reverse it’s like a clang crunch Type noise when it’s wet out side or raining it’s louder and all day long when dry outside not so much I don’t know if it’s the lift or transfer case or ujoints sway bar dealership had it for 7 days said they didn’t hear it which is ******** but any thoughts can anyone help me I’m to the point whole lift coming out or I’m trading the truck in that’s how annoying it is please help
Did you do the install or have a shop do it? I ask because it sounds like something is loose. Also what exactly is installed please provide links. I’m not versed in RC kits or part numbers. Or just post pictures of your front suspension and we’ll go from there

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does sound like maybe something is not torqued and is loose. I also will say RC is on the lower end of suspension kits. If you decide to remove it and would like something better quality feel free to contact us for a better option.

As Quick_Shifter said, please let us know what exactly you have and show some pics. We may be able to help figure this out. @Quick_Shifter is an expert installer with RAM trucks and we have a lot of experience with suspensions so we may be able to figure it out on here for you.

OP
OP
W

Willisnation52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Ok it’s complicated lol a shop did it lift I installed was upper control arms with spacers front back with rear shocks after installed it wasn’t sittin level so it was annoying me so I called rough country they sent me bigger spacer for rear because it was sitting low in rear at same time I also got the front heavy duty struts for front so it was sitting nice after all that but started the noise and hasn’t stopped since with the lift im running 22x12 chrome rims wrapped in 33s tires no rub

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ok it’s complicated lol a shop did it lift I installed was upper control arms with spacers front back with rear shocks after installed it wasn’t sittin level so it was annoying me so I called rough country they sent me bigger spacer for rear because it was sitting low in rear at same time I also got the front heavy duty struts for front so it was sitting nice after all that but started the noise and hasn’t stopped since with the lift im running 22x12 chrome rims wrapped in 33s tires no rub
Its sounds like you have spacers on top of leveling struts which is called lift stacking and is not good on a truck with independent front suspension. Even if it is a loose bolt making noise somewhere new noises will keep popping up. Rough Country geometry is not good to begin with and you added stuff to make it worse. Send some pictures of your suspension and then go read this