Rough first week of Ram ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt92037

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I almost made through my first week of Ram ownership. The trans on my Laramie pooped the sheets on the way home from work today. I guess I took this one for the team as the 8 speeds sound like they are pretty reliable...

On a positive note you folks tipped me off on the Max Care warrantee ending tomorrow which prompted me to sign up with Robbins yesterday. Even though my new truck is going to be gone for a while I feel a little better knowing I am covered long term in case I got a ****.

All I can say is “great truck, bad luck” and thanks for calling out the end of Max Care. I may need it!

Sorry about there not being pics, maybe when I get the truck back.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
Sorry to hear! Please keep us posted on what happened and the repair!
No worry on the pics! Mine hasn't been clean long enough to take a picture!

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, I almost made through my first week of Ram ownership. The trans on my Laramie pooped the sheets on the way home from work today. I guess I took this one for the team as the 8 speeds sound like they are pretty reliable.

Curious, about the mileage on your 2019.

OP
OP
M

Matt92037

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
221.8 miles when it happened. The tow company dropped the ball BADLY last night so the dealership did not receive my truck until 2:30 today. When it came time to put the truck on the flatbed it was clearly losing fluid only when the engine was running so I would not be surprised if it was something simple like a hose or seal. Freak incident for sure. My gut tells me it is a problem that the dealership thinks they can repair which worries me as I bet the tranny took a bit of a beating before I could get off the road. We will see what they think soon I am sure.

If there was such thing as a time machine, I would obviously buy a different unit, but it would still be a Ram. They are still bar-none the best driving truck out right now.

Glad I got the lifetime MaxCare though......

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Dang your luck sounds like mine at times. Hope the repairs are speedy and you’re back on the road. Love the positive attitude!! **** happens

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
let's hope you caught the problem quick and no damage! Still let us know what it was that let loose? Hope you get it back soon.

OP
OP
M

Matt92037

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will keep everybody posted. Looking forward to picking up my loaner Camry from Enterprise tomorrow. :(

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I will keep everybody posted. Looking forward to picking up my loaner Camry from Enterprise tomorrow. :(
If you have Maxcare they will reimburse you for the rental car. And if your out of town and break down hey will reimburse you for hotel also. Keep your recipes and send them to Maxcare. The directions are in your Maxcare contract.

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6
WOW got mine a week ago ,coming up on 221mi. in a few. I will hold my breath. Great trucks as you stated. KEEP US POSTED.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Freak thing... mass produced, its gonna happen to someone eventually.
Lets just hope they FIX IT RIGHT, the first time!

OP
OP
M

Matt92037

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my truck back today supposedly a software issue but I am unsure....

Me and the tow truck driver saw loss of fluid on the street as well as dripping onto the flatbed. Though it was dark I thought it looked like red fluid.

Service advisor said techs saw no signs of leaks at all. He went on to tell me that the reddish fluid I saw could not have been from the transmission because the transmission fluid is green. I have never seen green fluid? Just checked ZF, it’s green. Weird, just weird.

Last edited:

Jamesrich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a similar experience with my new to me 07. Bought it because I needed a toe rig, truck had 168K when I bought it. Drove it from Houston back to Louisiana no problems. Drove it up to my new house in Tennessee and the bearing on the A/C clutch crapped out! I caught it before the belt flew off luckily. Had to spend $650 on A/C parts and $300 on tools to change the parts before I could drive back to Louisiana. I've put 6K miles on it since though with no problems!
James

Keppler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At 55 miles I had a transmission fluid leak at the radiator. Turned out to be an o-ring failure at the radiator connection.

Although the repair took 5 days to receive the parts, so far all is well. They replaced both auto transmission fluid cooling lines.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Sounds like a good outcome Matt. My neighbor son is a "scan master" at our local dealer. He says with so many elctronic modules on our new trucks, he finds that a drive condition can be casued by the line codes in a module getting corrupted or not loading properly. Pretty easy to clear and reload,,most of the time. Learn something new every day. Green trans fluid.