Rough idle and stalls '92 d150 3.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dknott1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1992 D150 began running rough on the way home recently. Prior to, I had noticed that the catalytic converter was running very hot. It starts, but idol is up and down and eventually stalls. Codes are 12, 45, 52, and 54. It does smell like it is running rich and there have been times where I have thought the exhaust fumes were excessive in the cab, which now I feel was related to it running rich. Other issues currently include; speedometer is not keeping accurate speed, rattle coming from transmission area (figure this is speed sensor), maintenance light, brake warning and abs warning lights have been lit up for well over a year... just assumed these were not truly functional any longer. Fuel pump is fairly new as is fuel filter. Last year I changed the distributor, and all the spark plug wires after the pulse ring broke loose in the original distributor. Prior to this, I had been advised to change the crank sensor (most difficult part to reach on this truck) so that is new as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my wife's dad's truck. He passed away several years ago, so it is very sentimental and I try to keep it running to support his memory

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45