Rough idle occasional engine stall on 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD4019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 4.7
I have a 04’ with the 4.7. I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced TPS, idle air, evap solenoid, and spark plugs. Oh and two O2 sensors. It’s not giving any codes but on occasion the idle is rough and will spit and sputter a few seconds then surge and run fine. Has 210K I’ve only had the truck a month. Should I replace the camshaft position sensor?

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 04’ with the 4.7. I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced TPS, idle air, evap solenoid, and spark plugs. Oh and two O2 sensors. It’s not giving any codes but on occasion the idle is rough and will spit and sputter a few seconds then surge and run fine. Has 210K I’ve only had the truck a month. Should I replace the camshaft position sensor?
At that age with that engine at that mileage, I'd (1) be happy it still runs, and (2) live with it. That's great mileage for a 4.7 3rd gen. Good luck with it. Could be a vacuum leak. Check the intake manifold. Spray something like wd40 on it and see if rpm goes up or down with it. If that doesnt work I would try a new throttle body. At my local autozone I bought a throttle body, used it and it didn't fix the problem, and they took it back without issue

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk