Royal Purple Direct (Checkout Inop)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Hey all, if you're trying to buy anything on the Royal Purple Direct website like a new oil filter, you may run into a strange error code when checking out. No there isn't an issue with your form of payment. They seem to be having a general checkout error where you can't finish the order and confirm payment.

As an alternative, there are other websites that have the exact RP filters for nearly the same price.

thmotorsports.com (not an endorsement) is where I just picked a couple up for myself. End of the day, its all shipped from manufacturer anyways so not like they're making that much lol

@Burla our coveted purple can is available :)

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Just a heads up if you order through anyone else besides RP Direct, there will be a short backorder expected to receive it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Someone hasnt been following the filter thread?

:)

Summit and some others have had them all the way back on stock. Sounds like rp direct isnt the way to go? Just get them from summit, been back in stock for a long while. We got forum members who live next to summit and they go directly there and buy it iff the shelf, if memory serves. So all the way back in stock there.

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Someone hasnt been following the filter thread?

:)

Summit and some others have had them all the way back on stock. Sounds like rp direct isnt the way to go? Just get them from summit, been back in stock for a long while. We got forum members who live next to summit and they go directly there and buy it iff the shelf, if memory serves. So all the way back in stock there.
Good to know

Mike2017Larami

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Hemi 5.7

I read some independent lab test on a blended oil, and full synthetic and Oil Filters, and found that the synthetic oil has less friction all around, and is a cleaner oil. I also researched synthetic Oil filters and found that they hold back the dirt, metal that is flushed out by the synthetic oils.

A Review of Mineral and Synthetic Base Oils
https://bobistheoilguy.com/

The Petroleum Quality Institute of America
http://www.pqiamerica.com/methodology.html
Petroleum Quality Institute of America conducts independent testing of consumer, commercial, and industrial lubricants. The following is a summary of PQIA's sampling, testing, reporting methodology, and protocol.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Labels.htm
* Did you know that there are engine oils on the shelf that can harm your engine?

* Did you know that there are codes on the bottle that tell which oils protect and which could harm your engine?

* Do you know where to find these codes?

The American Petroleum Institute (API) knows, as do the engine builders, and the oil companies.

Oil Filters:

The good synthetic Oil filters have a reinforced polymer mesh for holding engine dirt, and a silicone anit-drain back valve for long life and protection against dry starts. So, I did a search and it looked like Royal Purple, Mobil1, and PurolatorBoss Synthetic Oil filters were the best when compared online, not in that order.

Now on my experience with a Royal Purple Oil Filter:
I first chose to use a Royal Purple Oil Filter, 10-48, on my last oil change with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w-20. The Royal Purple Oil Filter leaked, so I took my RAM back to the place that changed my oil and they cleaned the filter, and mounting area and tightened as tight as it would go, and it leaked again, about 1 quart total while sitting in my driveway. I didn't want to ruin my motor, so I just replaced the RP filter with a PurolatorBoss PBL12222 and no leaks. In my Opinion RP is NOT all it's cracked up to be.

Oil Pressure w/Full Synthetic oil and PurolatorBoss 34 psi with engine temp 190` and at an idle, and when driving around town 50 to 53+ psi, depending on how many rpms the motor is turning.

I should post a picture of my driveway where the oil leaked.

Last edited: