Royal Purple Sale on AMAZON...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I totally agree I am just saying if you want to throw caution to the wind you still might be okay. Not my idea of a worthy risk though. Group 4 or 5 for extended drains for me if I am doing 8,000 or less group 3 will do.

It also would help a lot to see similar or same type of engine to help decide because what happens in a Ford or Mazda may not be even close to what happens in a Ram or any other vehicle. Different designs would yield differing results.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When I get 5k miles on my next oil change, I'll send in and post a UOA of it. I already ordered the kit from Blackstone. The kit is free, they just charge 25 bucks when you send it back. Mine would be Redline, but I hope some of you guys will do the same and add to the knowledge base. The first guy to do it should start an "official" UOA thread for the Hemi, and as they come in we all can post them.

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RP, Redline, Amsoil, Mobil. All good oils. Use what you like and that gives you the best deal.

There is no magic elixir oil or best oil.

Honestly, even An Amsoil seller will tell you there's little difference.

Need thoughts on Royal Purple, MB1 and Amsoil - Bob Is The Oil Guy

Honestly,

If you took 3 engines from day one and ran Royal Purple on one. Mobil 1 on the next, and Amsoil on the third. Did 10K oil changes...in the end of the life cycle of the three engines...very little mileage difference between the three would be seen when they finally wore out.

I agree.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would say there is less a difference between all the synthetics, as opposed to saying less difference between synthetic and conventional. So I am definitely sold on all of the synthetic technologies. And many people disagree with that, and that's ok too. I have never seen a clear looking dipstick after 5k miles on conventional oil, but I see that every time with whatever synthetic I'm using. I know that isn't exactly scientific, but that is why I started using synthetics in the first place. I did an oil change on someone's car and was amazed how clean the oil still was. I used Mobil 1 for a good 8 years after that, never let me down. All the syns just don't break down anywhere near conventional oil.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up some for the ram and some for the wife's car. Good deal

sent via tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well guys I wanted to update some info. I use Redline in the Ram but I bought this deal for my wife's Rav 4. First, the change was 5k on Mobil One and I use oilstop to make the change. I was amazed on how well the engine responded to the oil, I'm used to it cause Redline does the same thing, but this was changing from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple and there was a huge difference driving away. I thought there wouldn't be much difference, but there is something in Royal Purple that modifies friction better then Mobil 1 and it isn't a close call. Very noticeable, and in fact my tech said that he uses Royal Purple and he notices the same thing.

Now,my wife's car has one of those junk filters that you only replace the filer material and not the filter, the good part of this is you can take it apart easily. The paper was real crusty, kind of like wet cardboard that was dried, it definitely went past it's usefulness. So that was 5k on mobil 1 and the filter was shot but the oil was still good. I'm going to change the Royal Purple at 5k once too, just to see how the filter is doing, to see if it is brittle and rips easy like this last one, and since it was free, I'll just do it to see.

So bottom line, Royal Purple two thumbs up.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Well guys I wanted to update some info. I use Redline in the Ram but I bought this deal for my wife's Rav 4. First, the change was 5k on Mobil One and I use oilstop to make the change. I was amazed on how well the engine responded to the oil, I'm used to it cause Redline does the same thing, but this was changing from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple and there was a huge difference driving away. I thought there wouldn't be much difference, but there is something in Royal Purple that modifies friction better then Mobil 1 and it isn't a close call. Very noticeable, and in fact my tech said that he uses Royal Purple and he notices the same thing.

Now,my wife's car has one of those junk filters that you only replace the filer material and not the filter, the good part of this is you can take it apart easily. The paper was real crusty, kind of like wet cardboard that was dried, it definitely went past it's usefulness. So that was 5k on mobil 1 and the filter was shot but the oil was still good. I'm going to change the Royal Purple at 5k once too, just to see how the filter is doing, to see if it is brittle and rips easy like this last one, and since it was free, I'll just do it to see.

So bottom line, Royal Purple two thumbs up.

Thanks for the update Burla. I'm going to run either amsoil or RP after my 1st change. I'm leaning towards RP. I appreciate the info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Y

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I'm seeing a 1.4 mpg increase on the RP. Crazy.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I don't doubt that one bit. I saw an episode on Horsepower tv where all they did was swap all of the fluids including gears and transmission to Royal Purple and they got tons of gains. Releasing friction increases gas mileage and HP, it is that simple. That is why all the manufacturers are going with thinner oils, sacrificing long term protection for better gas mileage and better start up protection that you get with thinner oil.

I see you still can get 2 free filters at amazon but the case price is up to 93 bucks per 12 qts. I see RP is 9.79 at Autozone per quart, so it is still a great deal. Still free ship!

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Still sticking to the fact the filter is one of the most important decisions. I am guessing MPG went up because of the time of year but maybe I am wrong. It is always hard to know with these things as variables are very hard to control in real world driving.

$miley

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^ good point. My mileage has increased a lot with the warmer weather and summer fuel

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you are on the fence just go read any Amazon royal purple review. Customer satisfaction is way up there. I have been a big fan of Mobil 1 and I still like it because it introduced me to the benefits of synthetic, but I like this Royal Purple more to this point. I am also going to do a oil analysis from Blackstone when I get 5 thousand miles to see how the oil and wear is holding up on the Rav 4. That will be the ultimate proof either way.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would suspect at only 5000 miles most oils will be fine even conventional can do 5000.

$miley

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Probably true, but all of us with Hemi's have to realize we are driving an engine that is prone to develop ticks more then other engines. So it is cheap insurance to run the best oil IMO. I had a tick in mine when it was new. I believe it is because sometimes my truck sits for a week or even two before I drive it. Also, almost all my trips are short, so very hard on an engine. Sometimes right when I start it I got the tick. Have not had it since I switched to synthetic. My assumption is the synthetic sticks to the metal better, but to be honest I don't know why for sure. I also let the engine run for 20 seconds or more at idle before turning off each time, ever since I heard the tick. Everyone's driving habits are different, some of us will definitely benefit from synthetic oils.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I believe in oil having a difference no doubt but I just don't believe in royal purple very much maybe I will end up being wrong.

$miley

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought this deal and recently changed the oil in my Ram and my wife's '12 Mazda 6. I haven't noticed any difference in the Ram (had castrol edge syntec in if before) but wow, this stuff really quieted down my wife's Mazda. It had basic conventional in it from the dealership previously. The one complaint I had about her car was that the 4cyl was very noisy. After adding the RP it's all history. Very quiet and smooth. Even my wife noticed it was quieter after the change. I'm sold. I'll keep buying it.

sent via tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is hard to believe but it is so true. The Rav 4 is similar, a little 4 cylinder that has a little natural vibration, I run the RP and it is smooth as a baby's but. And as I said my switch was from Mobil 1 to RP. I'm gonna buy another 2 cases for the rav 4, and get the cool filters for the Ram:) I might even run it in the Ram after I use up my Redline stock. I'm pretty loyal to my Redline, but Royal purple is that good, better then I previously thought. I can't wait til the wife puts 5k on it, gonna get a used oil analysis on it.

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am assuming this deal is no longer valid? I couldn't find a workable link when this thread was first started (just linked to various RP sales), prob fate didn't want RP in muh truck :|

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Some people don't know how to use the internet. Google royal purple 5w20 amazon and it's the one that is $93.82. Look under price and free shipping for the free filters, and yes still has free shipping, and it was extended until june 2 or 3rd. If you have a hard time after that I will PM you a link, but please tell me you got it or I might make a yellow bus joke :)

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well don't I feel like a dumbsh$t lmao. Funny thing is, I have this saved to faves but it didn't have the filter add-on at the time. Perhaps I caught it at a time they ran out or updating stock, dunno, but thank you for the help...and your patience! ;) I swear I don't have an internetz handicap! XD