Running Board Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captainron19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Quad Cab - Bought a set of running boards and went to install them today. I see the 3 bolts underneath on the frame to attach the running board brackets. For some reason the top nut goes on just fine but the bottom nuts I can only get on about half way and they stop. This is the same with all 3 positions so far on the passenger side of the truck. Am I missing something here??? There is no way they would have a different size bolt for the top install of each bracket. The Nuts that came with it are 8-1.25 mm Nylon Lock Nuts

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I installed running boards (from Amazon) on my 2020 Laramie 1500. On my frame, I had pre welded nuts -three of them at each location - into which the bolts screwed. The threads on the nuts all had crap in them and needed to be cleaned out. After that, the bolts screwed in without a problem. Why you’re having problems with just your lower bolts , I can’t guess. May be you can clean all the bolt and nut threads and try again. Might work.

OP
OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got it.... Same thing on both sides of the truck.....nuts screwed on to the single top bolt fine on every one. Each paid of lower ones I sprayed some PB Blaster on them but still had to force it on all the way - Cannot believe I did not shear off a bolt but they are on and my arms feel like over cooked noodles LOL