Running Board Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had Tyger Blade strps for a year. They have held up great through Chicago area winter. Also durable in that when a Corolla accidentally turned into me at kids school (when driver thought was in reverse) her bumper hood has major damage. My Tyger step had a smudge.
I really like this style of step. There's a chance this style may end up on my truck at some point.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like this style of step. There's a chance this style may end up on my truck at some point.
They are solid. No flex for me or others. I’m 6’; 230lbs. Black textured coating overs just enough grip that my foot don’t slip in rain or snow.

bigred2211

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
I see 'textured' and 'non-slip/truck bed coated' as an option...how much difference? (not price, just grip)

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see 'textured' and 'non-slip/truck bed coated' as an option...how much difference? (not price, just grip)
Don’t know about truck bed coated. But my Tyger Blade is “textured”.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the nice things about the black steps, is that you can get that black grip tape that sticks to damn near anything and out it on the steps and it won't stick out like a sore thumb, and give more grip than anything out there. One set of steps I was looking at had reviews that said traction was lacking, and the grip tape would have blended in real well had I gone that route.

bigred2211

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Correction, the non slip option was for the GO RHINO steps.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am not sure without going out and looking (not gonna happen this late at night) how my steps are mounted to my Warlock, but there is no flex. I ended up getting a set of "side arm" style from Iron Cross Automotive, but they have different styles available. Unless you really want that specific style, look around and find something that speaks to you. Most of the mountings are going to be similar in any case.

backfist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I highly recommend textured ones as water/ice/snow proved to be too slippery for my liking.