Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ordered a set of APS boards from RealTruck a couple months ago and an hour after they charged my account I got an email saying the product was unavailable and they would return my money, which they did so no problem there. A week ago I ordered an Undercover Swing Case toolbox from them and I had to call to place the order because I was using a couple gift cards. While I was on the phone the guy told me that the running boards are still unavailable, not because of the boards themselves, but because APS can't get the mounting hardware. Anybody know what's going on? I mean, this isn't like a computer chip shortage.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought mine on amazon. And I add some crazy bright lights...

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_195837239.jpg
    IMG_20230420_195837239.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230420_195742358.jpg
    IMG_20230420_195742358.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone know how to get RealTruck to chime in on this?

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
RealTruck likely doesn't have anything to do with it, they are just a re-seller. There's all kinds of stupid supply chain issues still happening. It's likely that their hardware supplier is having issues with certain pieces getting made or sourced. Or it could be that their purchasing department overlooked a re-order and lead times are several months out. The best thing to do (if they'll do it) if you're dead set on those boards is have them keep an open backorder for you and have them call you when they come in. My company does that without charging you, we'll charge once we've confirmed with you that you still want the parts.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
RealTruck likely doesn't have anything to do with it, they are just a re-seller. There's all kinds of stupid supply chain issues still happening. It's likely that their hardware supplier is having issues with certain pieces getting made or sourced. Or it could be that their purchasing department overlooked a re-order and lead times are several months out. The best thing to do (if they'll do it) if you're dead set on those boards is have them keep an open backorder for you and have them call you when they come in. My company does that without charging you, we'll charge once we've confirmed with you that you still want the parts.
Apparently, they won't do that as that wasn't an option when they first informed me that the item wasn't available. All they said was, "We're refunding your money."

I did get on their site and told them to email me when any of the 4 I'm interested in are available again.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Ahh. Yeah, some companies won't but they'll usually have some sort of "let me know when they're in stock" thing you can sign up for. Hopefully they will contact you. You might check through Summit Racing or some other reseller as well