Running Wires to Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I'm in the middle of a big wiring project and I have just 1 question; How do I get wires into the A-pillar so I can run them into the door? I have 12 different wires I'm trying to run into the doors and I'm not sure of the easiest method to actually get the wires into the pillar.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
pop the 2 plugs on the a pillars grab handles, remove the screw behind each plug, then pull the a pillar trim off. make sure your wires go behind and around the air bag in there, not over it.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm in the middle of a big wiring project and I have just 1 question; How do I get wires into the A-pillar so I can run them into the door? I have 12 different wires I'm trying to run into the doors and I'm not sure of the easiest method to actually get the wires into the pillar.

Can you post a couple of pictures so I can see exactly where you want to route the wires? If you're trying to do what I am thinking about then try this...

Pull the kick panel off of each side and you will see the small access holes to route the wires into the door jambs. I use a piece of string and electrical tape to pull the wiring through the rubber boots in the door jambs and into the door shell.

OP
OP
Fishstickz

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I'll have to get a picture of it a bit later. I'm trying to route 12 wires inbetween the doors. I'll look into both of y'alls suggestions and figure out which one will work with the wires i cut too short. I'm waiting on a set of connectors to come in from amazon so I can lengthen them as I need

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll have to get a picture of it a bit later. I'm trying to route 12 wires inbetween the doors. I'll look into both of y'alls suggestions and figure out which one will work with the wires i cut too short. I'm waiting on a set of connectors to come in from amazon so I can lengthen them as I need

Sounds good. I have done the exact same thing you are doing now. If you can get some pics I'll edit them to show you where and how I routed my wiring into the doors.