Rust Bubble Appeared on my 2019

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After one short hail storm that the 19 1500 classic and my one owner( me) 11 Audi A3 were side by side the damages were 6570 for the tradesmen and 3800 for the Audi both only had chips to the windshield. Hate to bash the ram,but the Audi is twice as strong metal wise

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
After one short hail storm that the 19 1500 classic and my one owner( me) 11 Audi A3 were side by side the damages were 6570 for the tradesmen and 3800 for the Audi both only had chips to the windshield. Hate to bash the ram,but the Audi is twice as strong metal wise
If you take the ram through the car wash you know it's not very strong metal. The wash I go to spins very slow and the blowers make my roof cave in a bit each time. It's not very strong for sure!

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I got my truck in december of 2019 and i just discovered a rust bubble on the top of the drivers side front windshield. any idea if this is covered by my warranty? i'm taking it in in two weeks to have it looked at. I live california which seems odd that this is happening

You live in San Francisco (according to your profile anyway) where there's a never ending stream of salty moisture coming from that big puddle to the west. It's not surprising at all really.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you take the ram through the car wash you know it's not very strong metal. The wash I go to spins very slow and the blowers make my roof cave in a bit each time. It's not very strong for sure!
I don’t know if it’s relevant but the PDR guy said that the Audis dents from the same incident may crack the paint during the same removal process

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 PW
Pacifica use to have a rusty car contest decades ago. Living on the peninsula though my vehicles never had any issues.

Last edited:

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don’t know if it’s relevant but the PDR guy said that the Audis dents from the same incident may crack the paint during the same removal process

On that topic, I did overhear a PDR tech mention that the paint used on late model Ram vehicles tends to play nice with PDR. That's kind of win I think.

Regardless, that ridge across the top of the w/s is a horrible spot on 4th gens. It's an area that easily gets overlooked and it needs to be checked any time you wash the vehicle or pop the hood IMO.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On that topic, I did overhear a PDR tech mention that the paint used on late model Ram vehicles tends to play nice with PDR. That's kind of win I think.

Regardless, that ridge across the top of the w/s is a horrible spot on 4th gens. It's an area that easily gets overlooked and it needs to be checked any time you wash the vehicle or pop the hood IMO.
It looks good now that it’s done,no blemishes Now I have a parking spot on top or under the new liftimage.jpg

Wilytrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 Ram that had bubbling on the front part of the hood was covered by warranty. I was shocked when the service writer said it was covered. But I didn't argue. He said it was covered for five years, I had six months to go.

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2017 Ram that had bubbling on the front part of the hood was covered by warranty. I was shocked when the service writer said it was covered. But I didn't argue. He said it was covered for five years, I had six months to go.
Same here. Just set mine up. I have till June to get it done. The hood bubble is covered. They wont cover my bumper, they said it didn't look OEM and couldn't find a part number on it. That I needed to contact the dealer I bought it from who certified it and see if they will cover it. I don't think I'll bother, they made their money, they wont do anything. What does frustrate me is it was certified used with a clean car fax.