RUST Check / Now Krown ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just got a Krown dealer in Bangor last year :) I was going to do Rust Check but was not crazy for the shop! The place the took on Krown has a good rep, so once weather breaks in goes my RAM. I will was in top to bottom and blow out as muck dirt as I can find :O
They clean it before they spray it.Truck doesn't have to be clean and dry for them to do it.The chemicals they use displace the water.
Saying all that though summer and hot is the better time to get it done.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
They clean it before they spray it.Truck doesn't have to be clean and dry for them to do it.The chemicals they use displace the water.
Saying all that though summer and hot is the better time to get it done.
Thank you for the info ! Yea I did read warm weather is better so it will creep more :) I know you guys up North love Krown :) And the closest Krown place to me till last year was about 3hrs away in Canada Glad we have a dealer now in Bangor Me.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you for the info ! Yea I did read warm weather is better so it will creep more :) I know you guys up North love Krown :) And the closest Krown place to me till last year was about 3hrs away in Canada Glad we have a dealer now in Bangor Me.

Like you mentioned above, I blame my Krown job more on the shop than the product itself. I went during the busy season and I believe they were just hammering them out quickly. If I ever did Krown again, it would be in the off season, like May through August. I know they typically offer a $10+ off coupon in the warm months as well. Plus it better in the warm months for the product to creep into all the nooks and crannies.

I've got other posts/threads on it, but I wound up using both Woolwax and Fluid Film on my vehicles in the Fall of 2019. I like both products very much and now own my own Fluid Film spray kit. Zero dripping from these products.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Like you mentioned above, I blame my Krown job more on the shop than the product itself. I went during the busy season and I believe they were just hammering them out quickly. If I ever did Krown again, it would be in the off season, like May through August. I know they typically offer a $10+ off coupon in the warm months as well. Plus it better in the warm months for the product to creep into all the nooks and crannies.

I've got other posts/threads on it, but I wound up using both Woolwax and Fluid Film on my vehicles in the Fall of 2019. I like both products very much and now own my own Fluid Film spray kit. Zero dripping from these products.
I was going to use Fluid Film till I did a review check ! FF is very good stuff, Krown rated a bit better . Not much, Wool Wax the Parts store I had my PT job in just got it ! Good reviews on that as well. FF,Krown same price $150.00 Rust Check $200.00 But I am not trilled by that shop lol I can also get the FF Kit from my old work place, (I just retired again lol ) But not sure w/o a garage I want to crawl under the truck and do it, I hear you also end up Fluid Filmed lol

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rust check is murder on rubber. Makes it swell up and get very soft and droopy. I wouldn’t put it on anything I own. It’s also very very thin. Runs and drips everywhere

js12278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rust check is murder on rubber. Makes it swell up and get very soft and droopy. I wouldn’t put it on anything I own. It’s also very very thin. Runs and drips everywhere
Makes you wonder what is in the RustCheck that swells oil resistant rubber used on vehicles.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Makes you wonder what is in the RustCheck that swells oil resistant rubber used on vehicles.
Don't know if there is a difference between Rust Check and Fluid Film or Crown but they are supposed to be fine on rubber ! So curious myself:O

js12278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't know if there is a difference between Rust Check and Fluid Film or Crown but they are supposed to be fine on rubber ! So curious myself:O
I am very happy with the Woolwax products I used from Kellsport Products. if you own a compressor, jack and stands, doing it yourself is the way to go. The only thing I did special was use a brush to get in the brake backing plate area. I didn't want to have to deal with the rotors getting coated. I have no concerns about rubber components.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am very happy with the Woolwax products I used from Kellsport Products. if you own a compressor, jack and stands, doing it yourself is the way to go. The only thing I did special was use a brush to get in the brake backing plate area. I didn't want to have to deal with the rotors getting coated. I have no concerns about rubber components.
They just started selling the Wool WAX where I was working a PT job ! I figured it would spray on like Fluid Film ! I was thinking of doing it myself but at 67 I don't feel like crawling under the truck lol

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We just got a Krown installer semi-local to me here in Northern NY. Stopped by and made an appointment for my new truck yesterday. $149 for my 2020 Mega Cab. Being that the truck is new, as long as I continue to have it re-coated every year, Krown gives me a lifetime warranty against rust for the body panels. Not frame our undercarriage but I don't plan to keep the truck for that long anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam