Rust Preventative Products Evaluation ... Fluid Film Wins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think for most of us a single application per season of Fluid Film will be good enough. If you live where it snows constantly and the DOT salts heavily maybe 2 applications per year is best. Fwiw, I think the real benefit is getting it inside the doors, rocker panels and boxed frame sections that will prevent the rusting from the inside out scenario.
^^^This. Most vehicles rust from the inside out. Getting an oil based undercoating inside those areas to lock out moisture and oxygen is critical to keeping rust away.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great product i did my 15 ram for the first time this year. Had a lot of rain this winter and it hasn't washed off

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If salt from the roads is a problem then the best solution is frequent trips to the self serve car wash to clean the underside of the truck. Opting for wheel well liners that are now an extra is also a good idea.

Best rust prevention is a couple coats of clear lacquer paint. When I get a ding or stratch in the exterior paint on a vehicle I put some clear fingernail polish on it to keep the metal from oxidizing.

In 1999 I graduated high school and bought a 2000 Ram 1500. I am extremely **** about keeping my vehicles clean... and did the frequent trips to the car wash “trick”. Pretty sure thats what fawked me... rockers and fenders were rotted out right around 6 years later. I legit was waxing the beautiful paint on my rockers and my thumb went right through it!

Vehicles dont rot out from paint chips. They rot from the inside out, by salt getting into all the hidden nooks and crannies that carwashes cant get out.

I bought my ‘16 pw new and every fall before the ******** start spreading road salt I pull her in and coat EVERYTHING with fluid film. Interior of rocker panels, fenders, doors, tailgate etc. Also spray the entire undercarriage... frame, axles, suspension etc. Im not sure if it will keep the rot away, but I am willing to try anything after seeing my pride and joy start disintegrating right before my eyes.

FYI, to anyone who undercoats these rams... the rockers are split in two sections. An inside and outside. Spraying your product in the inside holes will not get the outer sections of the rockers. You have to pull the plugs on the outer sides and do it from there too!