Rusted out Fuel pump lock ring and Tabs on tank! 2004 1500 SLT Quad Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncdodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Dropped the tank to replace the Fuel pump…. Original lasted 180k miles! Got scared when I noticed all the locking tabs rusted away along with the locking ring. Found a product made in Michigan by a company called Gas Tank Renu. It’s their TR-26-R kit it replaces the standard ring with one you put self tappers into the plastic part of the tank! Looking forward to see how it works! Beats paying $700 plus for a new tank!

Jmlp320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did the kit work out? I’m dealing with the same problem and can’t find a tank anywhere

Jmlp320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome mine should be here on Saturday, any recommendations on install or are the directions on point?

OP
OP
N

ncdodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
The directions are pretty straightforward you will just have to cut off any remaining parts of the old ring retainers…. My suggestion go ahead and empty out the tank and clean it up after you remove the old ring retainers while you wait

OP
OP
N

ncdodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
It’s basically a round ring you screw into the plastic with self tappers over the fuel pump it comes with a tube of sealant to put on the screw to make them airtight…. Glad I could direct you to this money saver!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
you can find the part online

GM - DODGE- FORD PLASTIC GAS TANK LOCK RING REPAIR #TR26-R​

FIXES RUSTED OUT TABS ON GM PLASTIC TANKS

The OEM Rings are getting almost as hard to find as Hens Teeth

Rfammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dropped the tank to replace the Fuel pump…. Original lasted 180k miles! Got scared when I noticed all the locking tabs rusted away along with the locking ring. Found a product made in Michigan by a company called Gas Tank Renu. It’s their TR-26-R kit it replaces the standard ring with one you put self tappers into the plastic part of the tank! Looking forward to see how it works! Beats paying $700 plus for a new tank!
This kit was the ticket! Worked exactly as advertised. Thanks for the tip.