S&B Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I recently added an S&B intake to my Ram. Wow am I impressed with the quality of this product. I’ve installed intakes on many vehicles (Volant/K&N/etc). Despite never really hearing of S&B before researching intakes for the RAM, it quality/ attention to detail far surpasses other brands I’ve installed!

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently added an S&B intake to my Ram. Wow am I impressed with the quality of this product. I’ve installed intakes on many vehicles (Volant/K&N/etc). Despite never really hearing of S&B before researching intakes for the RAM, it quality/ attention to detail far surpasses other brands I’ve installed!

How much difference do you really notice during driving and is the volume of air flow increase heard? is the box normal or obnoxiously loud? I put a K&N on my GMC once and it was obnoxiously louder.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much difference do you really notice during driving and is the volume of air flow increase heard? is the box normal or obnoxiously loud? I put a K&N on my GMC once and it was obnoxiously louder.

I have one . Good product overall. Its not much louder because the filter is sealed. You dont feel any actual HP diff... our trucks ECU auto corrects for the dif. Honestly though, our stock intakes are REALLY similar to S&B system. Ram makes a decent stock intake. I dont regret purchasing mine but take a step back and compare stock to S&B.

( I still would buy the S&B because im aftermarket intake guy ) Intake and exhaust has always been a must for my vehicles.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There is no difference in sound (or at least none that I can hear over my Borla exhaust). I can’t say it added any horsepower (although it now pulls hard all the way though the RPM range), but I can say I picked up almost an entire MPG. Over 1500 of mixed highway/city driving I’m getting 19.5 MPG......plus it just looks bad ass.