S O S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What was the issue with the new serp belt? You couldn't figure out the routing or it just wouldn't go where it was supposed to go?

I ask because I've seen some people attempt some pretty ridiculous things with serp belts, like trying to put the 'smooth' side against the a 'ribbed' pulley or vise-versa.

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What was the issue with the new serp belt? You couldn't figure out the routing or it just wouldn't go where it was supposed to go?

I ask because I've seen some people attempt some pretty ridiculous things with serp belts, like trying to put the 'smooth' side against the a 'ribbed' pulley or vise-versa.

The problem was getting it to the damn pulley with the clutch fan and that bracket for the wiring/connector in the damn way, I’d get it mostly routed and have the fan in the way of the last pulley. Or get that pulley. Then have the fan in the way [emoji23]

And I know ribbed goes to ribbed and smooth to smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Glad you got it. It's tight in there with the Cummins.

That's one good thing about the Pentastar powered Ram 1500s. Even a potato shaped dude like me can about fit between the radiator and little V6 there's so much room in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01