Safety package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So we have a 2021 Pacifica, that we bought the advanced safety tech package on. And we absolutely hate it. The adaptive cruise slams on the brakes, even when set for the farthest distance when a car slows in front us. And the lane sense seemingly cant find a road it likes. Unfortunately my 2500 I just bought has it too. Havent tried it out yet, my wife wont let me turn it on while she is in the truck. Anyone else have any thoughts?

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I don’t like the lane sense either. Can’t get it to where it reacts but doesn’t over-react.
I was taught to drive AWAY from centre line in case other fella was too far over on bends, this will not allow me to drive away from it. Just seems to want me to hug the centre all the time. Permanently OFF for me!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My MIL has adaptive cruise on her 2014 Durango and I hate it, like you said it can slam on brakes and then will hit the gas hard to resume speed when you switch lanes and no one is is in front of you tis is why I will never have it on any truck I own...

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
We have those features on our 18 Odyssey and they work very well. Only get brake slam if someone cuts in right off the bumper. Only get lane warnings on some very narrow backroads.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i get an ins. break because of mine.i've had no issues with it,other than coming up on semi's on a bend it will brake once in a while.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol, people actually buy those options.

I have a hard time finding a bench seat with 4wd on the floor.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The lane keeping on my truck, and the wife's car is off all of the time. Hate that chit. The adaptive cruise I use when I'm on the interstate, but like you say you need to be on the look out for cars taking exits. It will slow you down even thought they are out of your way. When I see one leaving the highway in front of me I just give the truck enough gas to override the ACC. When they are out of the way I just let off the gas, and it's good to go again.

OP
OP
stevenP

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Guess we were oversold from reading the brochures on the safety options. We are getting older and our reaction times are slower, so we thought these features would help. They are down right scary. Adaptative will slam on the brakes w/o warning...then floor board the gas to get back up to speed. Talk about whiplash! Well there goes $2k down the drain.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Lol, people actually buy those options.

I have a hard time finding a bench seat with 4wd on the floor.
some of us prefer modern convenience rather than drive a fred flinstone special.you can't pick one thing without the entire package.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
some of us prefer modern convenience rather than drive a fred flinstone special.you can't pick one thing without the entire package.
I understand, my wife uses hers religiously running the kids around.

The packages can be confusing. Bench seat, manual t-case and Alpine 12” stereo display is a challenge.

OP you may wanna read the owners manual and adjust the settings.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So we have a 2021 Pacifica, that we bought the advanced safety tech package on. And we absolutely hate it. The adaptive cruise slams on the brakes, even when set for the farthest distance when a car slows in front us. And the lane sense seemingly cant find a road it likes. Unfortunately my 2500 I just bought has it too. Havent tried it out yet, my wife wont let me turn it on while she is in the truck. Anyone else have any thoughts?
We have 2 vehicles with all the safety features, one being a 21 Pacifica Limited AWD. The systems work awesome in both, no brake slamming or other abrupt actions. And we like to have the vehicle in the center of the road, so no problems there either. We like them so much, it is one of the primary drivers of me upgrading my 18 Ram 2500 to a new one.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My experience with the safety features on my 2022 Longhorn is this. Lane sense works fine and can usually identify the lane if the painted lines are recognizable. I have the system set to the mid-level for reaction and I find it OK. I will note that I turn off lane sense on smaller-width roads but on the main roads and freeways/turnpikes, I keep it on.

Adaptive cruise control works best on freeways. I find that when I am approaching a traffic nest the truck will slow and speed match. Folks that like to pass and pull into my lane close to me will not trigger a braking action as long as the system senses the vehicle pulling away from me. As for the idiots that like to brake on the freeway instead of the exit ramp, ya, the truck does apply the brakes but if it didn't, boom.

I think both lane sense and adaptive cruise control need to evolve, and since they are software-based, future updates may smooth them both out.

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
I had to turn off the front braking assist. It would randomly slam on the brakes, even with the auto cruise off.. now all I get is that annoying beeping and red flashing light on the dash, for no reason at all.

The lane keeping is rarely useful, but I blame are craptastic Jersey roads for this. We have a metric ton of tar snakes and half covered over road markings from them changing the road patterns.. I will enable it on longer highway runs, especially if it starts raining hard as it seems to be able to pickup the lines alittle better than I can in those situations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio