Sales Code ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
2015 RAM SLT
I have the Sales Code list,
Trying to find the sales code for the Basic OEM alarm.
goes off if you do not use the remote to unlock the door !

I am sure it worked before ,
Over the past few years had some updates at the Dealership ! ( I know problem lol )
Last year or so asked the dealer Mechanic to check it out!
He found that it was listed as Disabled and thought it might kill the ECM if he turned it on ! :O I thought BS, But left it off and paid the bill :O
I will take it to a different dealer 45 minutes away but I want to be armed with info.
I am going out of state more and with crime up even that basic could be a help in protecting the RAM

What is the sales code ?
I am going through the list I found on line but so far not found it !

And I am sure I have it listed somewhere so well protected I can not find it lol

Thiis the link I am using

Thanks

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Is there a code for
Immobilizer

My Ram only has the Panic Alarm on the FOB
( at least i don't think i have another alarm )

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I used AlfaOBD to enable the passive alarm on my 2014 Ram 1500; the configuration is activated in the BCM...and it doesn't do anything else to anything else except allow the dealer to charge you for an "upgrade" they will rob you for...and it literally takes 1 minute to do yourself with the AlfaOBD app and the right OBDII dongle 100%

The "option" is present and available in all 4th gen Rams...you'd be surprised by how many do-it-yourself CanBus upgrades are available to do yourself, but the dealerships will lie about in order to rob you themselves. I've literally saved thousands of dollars installing and programming my own upgrades...

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
GT The code I am looking for is a Basic Alarm, Just beeps if the door is open by a key or opens from inside when locked and set ! It does not have motion sensors !
You just push the Lock Button 3 times to set it , Dash should have a little red blinking light !

UnkoBro
I do not have the Alpha :(

Thanks

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GT The code I am looking for is a Basic Alarm, Just beeps if the door is open by a key or opens from inside when locked and set ! It does not have motion sensors !
You just push the Lock Button 3 times to set it , Dash should have a little red blinking light !

UnkoBro
I do not have the Alpha :(

Thanks
I must honestly say that getting the AlfaOBD (app) and the OBD Link MX+ (dongle) was one of the best (relatively inexpensive) investments I could ever make for my Ram! I highly recommend it...especially if you plan to do alot of modifications that are tied into the CanBus system. Something as simple as changing my exterior lights to LED, to installing my ABS Module (initializing and calibrating) need to have a "dealer flash" done, and the AlfaOBD app allows you to do it yourself...saving a ton of time going to dealerships, and a ton of money that the dealership charges! $75-$150 a pop
Even when I installed my rearview back-up tailgate camera, the dealership wanted to charge me $75 bucks just to "flash" my BCM to activate it...but I did it myself. You can even clear CEL/Fault Codes. I also activated the "VTA" (Vehicle Theft Alarm) myself, and it was quick and easy. The VTA, when set with the keyfob, will sound the horn as the alarm when any door is opened without using the keyfob itself (and also has the Immobilizer feature). I will attach the YouTube page of a Ram Forum User (BigDaddy) that shows detailed instructions on how to use AlfaOBD to activate your VTA...hope this helps!

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
As GTYankee referenced, pretty sure it's listed as immobilizer - could be GXW. Could also possibly be AJB. Also, there are several LS* codes it could be. Keep in mind some options cannot be added by the dealer, even though you could order the truck with it, for example, they can't add heated seats, but AlfaOBD can.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i had a Smart Phone, i would have the AlfaOBD

I don't have a Smart Phone, because i can not even figure out my Panasonic Bluetooth Landline or my Sonim Flip phone

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I must honestly say that getting the AlfaOBD (app) and the OBD Link MX+ (dongle) was one of the best (relatively inexpensive) investments I could ever make for my Ram! I highly recommend it...especially if you plan to do alot of modifications that are tied into the CanBus system. Something as simple as changing my exterior lights to LED, to installing my ABS Module (initializing and calibrating) need to have a "dealer flash" done, and the AlfaOBD app allows you to do it yourself...saving a ton of time going to dealerships, and a ton of money that the dealership charges! $75-$150 a pop
Even when I installed my rearview back-up tailgate camera, the dealership wanted to charge me $75 bucks just to "flash" my BCM to activate it...but I did it myself. You can even clear CEL/Fault Codes. I also activated the "VTA" (Vehicle Theft Alarm) myself, and it was quick and easy. The VTA, when set with the keyfob, will sound the horn as the alarm when any door is opened without using the keyfob itself (and also has the Immobilizer feature). I will attach the YouTube page of a Ram Forum User (BigDaddy) that shows detailed instructions on how to use AlfaOBD to activate your VTA...hope this helps!

I agree that the Alpha would be the way to go if I was going to tweak a lot but all I want is that basic alarm.
I have though about the Alpha but I am technically challanged and might screw up something lol