San Diego DPF EGR Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LowandSlow34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone in the San Diego area comfortable lending me a hand with a delete on a 2014 6.7. Ordered kit and would like to do it myself. Is this something that can be done with a couple people and garage tools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
Hope you remember how to put it all back on for when you have to have the emission tests when its time to re-licence your truck. The physical removal of the EGR cooler and DPF exhaust are somewhat easy to remove with good wrenches and some mechanical "know how", however the truck won't run with these deleted without an after market re-tune of the computer control system that will shut the EGR, DPF and DEF systems off. I don't know what is available now because of EPA involvement, but some years ago a tuner could be bought with a box tune already loaded into the monitor. Other tunes need a special electronic tool (the name escapes my old mind) to load tunes. I had the first tuner/monitor from H&S when I first deleted my 2011 truck but recently had a nearby shop load an EZLynk tow tune into my truck that I had to purchase and Will ( the tech) then downloaded the tune from the "cloud" into the the truck's computer. The later box tunes from H&S were kind of hard on head gaskets, and these later versions left the owners with no way to adjust pre-injection timing levels. A lot of Cummins tuned with these box tunes lifted their head and stretched head bolts because of this. BTW, I live nowhere near the Peoples Republic of Kaliphornia, so I can't help you. Sorry

OP
OP
LowandSlow34

LowandSlow34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Good info. I’m here against my will (military) and have the truck registered in a more friendly state, so I won’t have to submit to emissions testing. Bought the full egr dpf delete kit with raceme tuner. Also includes intake and throttle valve delete. Plan to keep all parts taken off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn, I’m 6 hours from ya, near Fresno, and would love to help out a Military member, but I’m sure it’s a bit far for ya to drive.