SC or Diablo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pvtanderson31b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I'm looking into getting a tuner for my 2006 ram 1500 5.7. I'm getting extremely stuck on which to get. Truck is stock with an aftermarket exhaust and a level/bigger tires.

My main things I'm looking for is better transmission shifting, disabling the mds, tire size correction. And possibly a tune for better economy if there is one..

I may do more to the truck down the road so having more options on the tuner isn't a bad thing. Which company/tuner do you prefer? I feel like most people lean towards the diablo but I've also seen a lot on superchips is better. Also saw that diablo doesn't support Transmission tuning while superchips does. Getting extremely confused.

Thanks in advance, been looking at the diablo i3 but may opt for the trinity or superchips alternative. Kinda like having it mounted for on the go if I ever need it.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you're not doing anything that'll require custom tuning (like a cam) then stick with the Superchips.

OP
OP
P

Pvtanderson31b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For right now all I want to do is a tune for the shifting, mds off, and better economy plus tire size adjustment. But I'm planning on having this truck for awhile since it's nearly paid off with less than 100k on the clock.

I'm halfway looking to the future and incase a lifter goes or something and I have to put a cam in it I would rather already have the tuner I need. Knock on wood that it doesn't happen though.

If for around the same price I can have the diablo which can do everything I want now and possibly down the road I'll go that route. I don't wanna buy one and then have to buy the other later if that makes sense

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Then get a Diablo; caveat is it won't do $hit for your trans.