Scan tool for our 4th gen RAM's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peti817

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
So I know the dealerships use DealerConnect/TechConnect for OBDII Diagnostics. Anybody out there aware of any scan tool's remotely close to what they use @ the dealerships without breaking the bank too bad (under $500-ish) but also compatible with Asian/European & other US makes as well? I want to purchase a scan tool not only for my truck but also for work (LOL!) was looking @ this one but it say's it's only compatible with Chrysler? =(

Amazon.com: Launch OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool CRP129: Automotive

japowell03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out torque in the Google play store if you have an android phone or tablet. If it does what you need then the only other thing you would need is a cheap bluetooth obd2 adapter. I used to have a scanner I paid big money for, now this does everything it did and more for under thirty dollars.

PaxtonScarborough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Everything I've seen with scan tools is the more you pay the better they are. If your wanting just a cheap code reader anything will work. But if your wanting something you can actually do some bi-directional test and look at more of the advanced datastream other than generic OBD2 your gonna have to break open the bank.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To me the easiest for euro is still a *** com cable maybe I'm a little outdated but that's a go to for me. I use a snap on solus and keep it up to date with all software and add one. It doesn't have every single thing g for resets and changing parameters but for diag its great

SND2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I use a BlueDriver. You download an app to your phone (Apple or Android). The phone then pairs with the BlueDriver OBDII plug in with Bluetooth. You can check out their web site to see if it will meet your needs. $99 from Amazon.