ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00 Tweeters Mounted in Sail Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Time for an upgrade, a truck upgrade that is. I removed these from my 2014 Ram, they are roughly 3 years old and sound amazing!

They are mounted in a standard Ram Sail panel using the nice screws that you can purchase from Madison Sound when you buy the tweeters.

scansails.jpg

There is one caveat to them, take a close look at the blown up picture of the one tweeter surround. You will see there is a blemish on the housing right above the left side screw. It is extremely small. I never noticed it until I removed them the other day. Most likely because that side faced away from me? When I say small, I mean really small, less than a pin head, I simply tapped the blemish with a marker and it made it disappear. I am a perfectionist and if you know what these tweeters are, you probably are too and there is no way I want someone to receive these and not know about this.

scanflaw.jpg

You will see in the rear that I soldered wires to the terminals and heat shrunk them. The terminals on these tweeters are known to be delicate and if you do not have soldering experience, I would recommend you use the leads I've already created.

scanrear.jpg

They come with the original box as well. $150 shipped in the contiguous US. I will send them bubble wrapped and insured. Paypal for payment.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you take a best offer for the tweets and sails? The retail new for the tweeters are much less than your selling price.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks @adrianp89 for answering the question.

I’ve made the mistake myself where I look up a speaker and see the price and think that they come as a pair. As you know, these do not.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i didnt just mount my Morel TW-1's I would be buying these right now. Anyone running an active setup should buy these period.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How did you get the wires through the door from there? If you had a passive crossover in the door maybe, but running active the wires would need to get into the cab somehow, correct?

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How did you get the wires through the door from there? If you had a passive crossover in the door maybe, but running active the wires would need to get into the cab somehow, correct?

I ran two pairs of wires through the molex plug as I was running active. Pretty easy to do to be honest. The hardest part for me was putting the boot back into the door jamb. People tell me I have big hands. ;)

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I ran two pairs of wires through the molex plug as I was running active. Pretty easy to do to be honest. The hardest part for me was putting the boot back into the door jamb. People tell me I have big hands. ;)

Thanks. The blemish you are referring to is on the housing, not the internal part of the tweeter, right? I think its just glare from the flash but in that picture from about 10 o clock position to about 11:30 position it looks like the surround is sort of damaged or flaking off. 11mdkyt.jpg

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. The blemish you are referring to is on the housing, not the internal part of the tweeter, right? I think its just glare from the flash but in that picture from about 10 o clock position to about 11:30 position it looks like the surround is sort of damaged or flaking off. 11mdkyt.jpg

That is glare. Look at the lower left corner of your red outline. Follow it directly over to the edge. You’ll see a little dent. I know, I’m borderline crazy for even mentioning it but full disclosure!

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
will these sail panels fit 18' 2500 model and do you happen to have the matching 3" mids?

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
will these sail panels fit 18' 2500 model and do you happen to have the matching 3" mids?

I do not have matching mids.

I honestly can’t tell you if the sails fit the 18. Ram hasn’t changed from 14 to 18 in the 1500 but I am not sure of the 2500 as I do not have experience with 2500s. Hopefully someone with experience here will check in.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I almost forgot I had these for sale. I picked up a new 19 and have been preoccupied. ;) Anyways, just a bump. They are still for sale. I’ll give it a few days more here before I turn to the audio sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.