Screen delaminating - 2018 8.4" UAS radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently installed an 8.4" UAS radio and noticed that the corner of the screen appears to be delaminating. I understand this is a common problem with these radios. It's not a crack- it looks like things are starting to peel away. (Fortunately, the FB Marketplace seller was a real standup guy and gave me a partial refund which should cover things.)

Could anyone post links to replacement screens for a 2018 8.4" UAS radio? I've think I'm close to being YouTube certified for this after watching a bunch of videos! Thanks in advance.

IMG_7319.JPG

@SitKneelBend

Last edited:

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same, @SitKneelBend can you send me the info as well please. I was talking with you in the other thread. I tried to recure the screen with the light but no good. What a ****** situation owning a 3 year old truck with less then 30 k miles and the screen we need to do everything doesn't work.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
can I get that PM as well?

Done
Same, @SitKneelBend can you send me the info as well please. I was talking with you in the other thread. I tried to recure the screen with the light but no good. What a ****** situation owning a 3 year old truck with less then 30 k miles and the screen we need to do everything doesn't work.
and done...

Sorry for the delay, I was driving back from vacation and just saw these...

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool! We love it there. We’ve been going for over 30 years and have reservations for August. Did you find any good teeth?

jclark408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sent a PM, I would like to know where to get replacements as well..............got a new one last year and did the install, but it is already delaminating, thanks in advance

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
sent a PM, I would like to know where to get replacements as well..............got a new one last year and did the install, but it is already delaminating, thanks in advance
Sent, where did you get your replacement screen from before?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
For any of you actually thinking of replacing the screen, I recommend doing this modification too while your in there...

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
...also here is a good screen replacement video that also shows what the bad LOCA looks like pooling on the bottom of the radio.

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
...also here is a good screen replacement video that also shows what the bad LOCA looks like pooling on the bottom of the radio.

That's a great video. Unfortunately, his link for the Chinese replacement screen is missing from his notes. Anyone have any links for these? There are some eBay sellers who sell these, but they're slightly damaged (scratches, dings, small leaks).

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a great video. Unfortunately, his link for the Chinese replacement screen is missing from his notes. Anyone have any links for these? There are some eBay sellers who sell these, but they're slightly damaged (scratches, dings, small leaks).
All of the Chinese sellers are the same ones on ebay. You won't find them for less than $500. If you do, they will send you an email asking for more money...

MoeMoeCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a delamination victim.
So sad to see my truck do this. I guess this is what I get for parking it under the sun too often.
Does anyone have the link to the correct replacement part? Help would be appreciated. Thank you.