Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEALING 3RD BRAKE OPTIONS

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ramportin1, Mar 16, 2018.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. buddy guy

buddy guy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Did my preventative fix using MD brand Rubber weather stripping this morning on my 2018. it is a bugger scraping the oem foam off which indeed is quite thick and wide but its still foam at best which still concerns me. rather than using the 7/16 x 3/8 P type i think it is, I went a step bigger. i had taken the light in with me and while the height is right, the 3/8 is definitely narrow than the oem foam strip and that concerned me. the next size up was 1/4 x 5/8 and D type which is just fine I believe and was a perfect width compared to oem and a hair higher. i could screw down snugly and the screws are plenty long anyway. I was able to snug it down fine so that it was pretty much flush to my eye. Someone made a comment somewhere on the forums wondering if the rubber strip would stay flexible. The packaging says it's flexible from -40 to +140F so I'm very confident it will be fine. btw, where a person would cut the strips at the corners, I had a tube of GE marine silicone that I put on the corners to seal the strips there.

2. Rado

Rado US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
  3. Spoonsize

Spoonsize Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    T’were me I would go to my local embroidery supply fabric store and get a sheet of puffy foam larger than the light and cut out a gasket.

Rado likes this.