Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

SEALING 3RD BRAKE OPTIONS

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ramportin1, Mar 16, 2018.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. buddy guy

buddy guy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Did my preventative fix using MD brand Rubber weather stripping this morning on my 2018. it is a bugger scraping the oem foam off which indeed is quite thick and wide but its still foam at best which still concerns me. rather than using the 7/16 x 3/8 P type i think it is, I went a step bigger. i had taken the light in with me and while the height is right, the 3/8 is definitely narrow than the oem foam strip and that concerned me. the next size up was 1/4 x 5/8 and D type which is just fine I believe and was a perfect width compared to oem and a hair higher. i could screw down snugly and the screws are plenty long anyway. I was able to snug it down fine so that it was pretty much flush to my eye. Someone made a comment somewhere on the forums wondering if the rubber strip would stay flexible. The packaging says it's flexible from -40 to +140F so I'm very confident it will be fine. btw, where a person would cut the strips at the corners, I had a tube of GE marine silicone that I put on the corners to seal the strips there.

2. Rado

Rado US NAVY VETERAN Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6 V6
  3. Spoonsize

Spoonsize Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    T’were me I would go to my local embroidery supply fabric store and get a sheet of puffy foam larger than the light and cut out a gasket.

Rado likes this.