Seamless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think we've all been where Bill is- we can't afford what we want so we make do with what we have.

Here's what I recommend: Start over. Sand the scoop back down. Remove that rtv. You won't be able to properly cover it for paint to look right. Find an autobody seam sealer that is appropriate. Wait for warmer weather and do it the way you want to.

Good luck!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I got mine for $500 :)... helped we bought a few cars and trucks from them. Only sad part is the first one they got in had a hell of a dent so I had to get them to overnight another one.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
lol i was just joking. but in all serious i would just remove the rtv and repaint. leave it how it was before. wasnt bad

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think we've all been where Bill is- we can't afford what we want so we make do with what we have.

Here's what I recommend: Start over. Sand the scoop back down. Remove that rtv. You won't be able to properly cover it for paint to look right. Find an autobody seam sealer that is appropriate. Wait for warmer weather and do it the way you want to.

Good luck!
:signs75: - stupid.

In all seriousness, like George said...start over, wait for it to warm up too!

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I agree, It looks like ****. Oh well, I get the same thing in my house. I painted the ceilings and walls,They call me a ten foot man........................wait for it.....................................................It looks good from ten feet away!!fml, lol ha ha ha .

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Where did you get the scoop from anyhow, Bill? Is it one of those Bee ones or aftermarket.

Can't remember from your other thread.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
:Good or Bad: This or any type scoop has the potential to be a good idea. If I could find the right scoop I think with some Tiger Hair and some block sanding a fellow could have a unique hood scoop and I could pull out the Old Devilbus guns. It could be painted in the scoop and sanded areas (in two tone) to make for repaint only on the center stepped area of the hood with a pinstripe for the transition. I was planning on an SRT-10 anyway so if I was to Fckit up an Idea like this well the hood was being scrapped anyhow so I'd be only out about a 100 bucks vs potential to save 710 if I was to pull it off. Hell got a great panel of gear head judjes to offer constructive critiscism! :flipthebird:

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
:Good or Bad: This or any type scoop has the potential to be a good idea. If I could find the right scoop I think with some Tiger Hair and some block sanding a fellow could have a unique hood scoop and I could pull out the Old Devilbus guns. It could be painted in the scoop and sanded areas (in two tone) to make for repaint only on the center stepped area of the hood with a pinstripe for the transition. I was planning on an SRT-10 anyway so if I was to Fckit up an Idea like this well the hood was being scrapped anyhow so I'd be only out about a 100 bucks vs potential to save 710 if I was to pull it off. Hell got a great panel of gear head judjes to offer constructive critiscism! :flipthebird:

I concur 1000%, All you need do is look up at the red daytona upper right on any rf page and that will tell ya if your making a wise choice or not. I can live with the ''pinstripe'' Thats all that will be left after I trim it down and get rid of the tape look thats on there now. I was watching ''burn notice'' on the usa network. He has a stick on six pack scoop,with the lip ends, it looks so fake,Yet at the same time, I was telling myself mine could look a lot better than that. So soon as it got near 50 degrees, I hurriedly went at it. Like you said, it's an easy fix, and as froggy pointed out, wait till it gets warmer, then take care of it.:naughty: