Searching for a part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GuyNamedShouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a cross country move coming up soon so I decided to flush the transmission since I'm sure the guy before me never did. Took it to Jiffy Lube. After about 3 hours of hearing my truck turn on, rev up a couple times, the. Hear a dude yelling to "shut it off, there's no pressure" I get told they stripped something.

I never got told the part name (which would have helped) but at least they showed me. It's a metal box with 3 tubes (also metal) coming out of it and you could see a little bit of a leak coming out. It's located to the right of the transmission and I can not seem to find a picture of it.

Any guesses of what it could be? They are replacing it but I still want to know what it is (just in case).

Thanks in advance!
-GNShouse

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Sure there wasn't 4 lines attached. If so it is probably the cooler bypass valve.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now you should know, never go to that place again,or any other with similar names they will try to sell you things you do not need , and if you don’t accept, they will screw something up.learn to change your own oil ,or find a small privately owned shop. They are out there go find one before your next oil change or service

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now you should know, never go to that place again,or any other with similar names they will try to sell you things you do not need , and if you don’t accept, they will screw something up.learn to change your own oil ,or find a small privately owned shop. They are out there go find one before your next oil change or service
THIS THIS THIS NEVER AGAIN, not if you actually value your truck.

OP
OP
G

GuyNamedShouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
THIS THIS THIS NEVER AGAIN, not if you actually value your truck.

I mean I usually do all my maintenance ( I know, you've heard this 100 times), but I'm two day out from my transfer and don't have tools due to packing.

However, come to find out it's an after market cooler and the box is like a pressure valve of some sort. So I guess the owner before me that didn't care about tire rotation or pressure, really cared about his transmission getting hot. Weird.

PXL_20210127_183205652.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I mean I usually do all my maintenance ( I know, you've heard this 100 times), but I'm two day out from my transfer and don't have tools due to packing.

However, come to find out it's an after market cooler and the box is like a pressure valve of some sort. So I guess the owner before me that didn't care about tire rotation or pressure, really cared about his transmission getting hot. Weird.

View attachment 235457
My own attack plan, based on a similar experience years ago, is I never do anything 2 weeks before I am traveling with my truck. I want time to get the work done, test it locally, and allow for parts order and repair I'd anything goes wrong. Glad they are taking ownership of the problem. Good luck.