Seat cushions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
So my 06 had a flat driver seat. You could feel the frame on the left side. The foam was torn in that spot. Working at the dealer I get parts 10% over cost. I put a new oem cushion in and now it's like the left is super tall. It's firm and the bolster sits high like it should but the right now seems to sit low and I feel the frame slightly like I'm leaning right. Today a 09 2500 came in and that seat bolsters were even left to right and it is firm like a 2018 Laramie seat. It does have aftermarket leather tho but that shouldn't help much. Is there a aftermarket seat cushion work more support than oem? I found some upgraded ones at Geno's garage

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Dumb question but is the cushion higher in the back or are all 4 sides even ? Could it be installed wrong position ? Just a thought ! Not sure if the back is a bit taller then front or sides

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Front to back, back is lower by only a little. Seemed to have a slight incline toward the rear. I'm having a hard time getting the right side Velcro to reattach. Left is higher than right. Even uninstalled it's thicker maybe because it's the high traffic spot. Curious if the springs are worn

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a new seat cushion foam in my 06 ram 2500 and it fit perfect. Maybe the frame is bent or sagging.

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Will the 02-05 frame fit? Local yards only have trucks up to 05. New frames are discontinued. I could pay $300 to have one of the 24 remaining frames shipped from a dealer in SC

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Fixed it. There's a section of foam that's got a box around it on the left front. You remove that section for power seat switches. Now it sits flat left to right. Also a note for anyone replacing foam, I had to hot glue the Velcro back on. Seems the factory adhesive is weak. It was coming up and I peeled the rest right off. Now my seat fabric stays down like it should too

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Fixed it. There's a section of foam that's got a box around it on the left front. You remove that section for power seat switches. Now it sits flat left to right. Also a note for anyone replacing foam, I had to hot glue the Velcro back on. Seems the factory adhesive is weak. It was coming up and I peeled the rest right off. Now my seat fabric stays down like it should too
Thanks for the update and advice,, Sooner or later someone will need it :)

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Where would one purchase a replacement cushion? Besides stealership?

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon had some aftermarket replacement foam seat cushions but they aren`t much cheaper then the dealer.
BTW, when removing the cover and you want to save the cushion velcro from tearing put your hand under the cover and hold the velcro down so when you pull it apart it doesn`t tear it off the foam. The attachmant is as only as strong as the foam it is glued to.

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Google Geno's garage. They sell them the oem style and their improved version. About $125 and totally worth it 2

JR1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Anyone know where to find foam for seat back for driver's side 2009 Ram 3500?

KSMegaOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
Cummins
Used Geno's garage for my driver's side when I replaced my leather in the whole truck. Totally worth it for $125.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bigdog9598

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 - 4x2 - SLT
Engine
4.7 flex
Hi all, planning to replace the foam in my drivers seat very soon. I was wondering is the passenger seat foam same as drivers seat? I would think yes, but not sure.
why passenger seat foam, happy wife happy life!

Sataro

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Thanks for the info! I meed to replace my driver’s side foam. Tired of the sagging.