Seat Extension Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisflies

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cal
Hello,

I drive a 2018 ram 6 cylinder. I recently returned from a 3 day 1000 mile + round trip to LA and when I got home, my back was wrecked (another story) but my knee was numb and throbbing day and night and continued to be so for 7 weeks. OK, I am old but I bought this truck to tow a travel trailer around for months but without some kind of extension, not going to happen. At seat full back and at 6-4 my peddle leg is crooked and ultimately the crooked leg darting back and forth from gas to brake ruined my knee. I actually had to use a wheel chair and I consider myself to kind of a grin and bear it guy but not in this situation. I figure if I can straighten out my leg more I could resolve this problem so I gotta find a way, a legal way to move the seat track back. if anyone has any actual experience in moving the seat back (manual seat) I would appreciate it. Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wonder how much work to install the power adjust pedals and if they'd go far enough back. Thinking outside the box as it's a seat to pedal distance thing assuming that your arms are a comfortable distance from the steering wheel.

DanHate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Only existing product I know of the the RAM is the Ohio Diesel seat spacers. Which lifts the seat up between 1 and 2 inches, while that won't let you go further back, it should give you a bit more leg room.

Because of the way the seat mounts work in the ram, it's not as easy as drilling and tapping a long piece of flat stock. But a good fab shop could probably whip something up for the right price.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Another thing to think about when you move the seat back all the way on the track.
The seat belt is way back, but still in a safe position, as are the air bags.

If the seat track is moved back, you have to keep in mind the safety factors

I am short, so i would love to be able to adjust the seat height, as well as have a proper telescoping/tilting steering column.
The Ram setup is garbage