Seat wrinkle warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweep49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Laramie purchased in October 2018 with just over 1200 miles on it. The center area leather of the driver's seat is loose and has a warp or big wave wrinkle in it. (Best I can describe it) Passenger side is taut like it should be. I plan to complain to the dealer and ask to have it replaced.

Should this be covered under warranty? Will they replace the seat or just the cover?

Last edited:

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2018 purchased oct 2012? I assume you meant oct 2018?
Dealer should replace the seat cover under warranty, they cant replace the entire seat.

wbsnow93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dealt with this issue multiple times. Bought my 2018 1500 in Nov 2017. Honestly noticed the wrinkle on the test drive but didn't really think much if it till a few months in and it started to bother me when comparing it to the passenger leather seat. Made appt to replace seat cover in Jan 2018. It was replaced and looked just as bad as before. New appt to replace seat cover and cushion in April 2018. Recieved the truck back looking even worse. Both these times the dealer had done the work on site with their mechanics and the second time they didn't use a single hog clip which tightens down the middle section of the leather which would prevent this wrinkle. Had a final appt in Jun 18 at the dealer. They took my truck to a local upholster who then removed and installed the cover correctly the way it should've been from day one. All of this was done free of charge, I didn't pay a penny and was even given a free loaner. Now I dont cringe everytime I open the drivers door, worth the hassle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk