Seatbelt issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good morning all, I seem to be having an issue with the drivers side seatbelt. It doesn’t retract unless I do it by hand and when I pull it all the way out, it doesn’t lock like the others. Has anyone else experienced this? The middle belt in the backseat is the same way as well.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Good morning all, I seem to be having an issue with the drivers side seatbelt. It doesn’t retract unless I do it by hand and when I pull it all the way out, it doesn’t lock like the others. Has anyone else experienced this? The middle belt in the backseat is the same way as well.
That’s normally do to the plastic trim being removed and not reinstalled properly or there is an obstruction on the belt itself. Was any work recently done aftermarket components added etc

OP
OP
Tom Williams

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nothing has been installed nor has any work been done.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nothing has been installed nor has any work been done.
If the left front seat belt will not lock it's time for a new seat belt. Test the retractors ability to lock in other positions to see if it will lock like when you are wearing it. Pull some slack out like you are about to put it across your body and then pull super fast to see if you can make it lock. Most of the time I can make them lock up within 6" of pulling out some slack. I'd hate for you to be in a situation where you had to trust that it would lock up and it doesn't.