see the new concept electric ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The full pass through that can store dimensional lumber up to 18 ft long is cool, however thats the only thing I like about this truck.

Ford has the right idea. Just make an electric truck that looks like an F150. Plus that means there is some percentage of parts in common with the gas F150 which keeps the manufacturing costs down. It also makes it easier and cheaper to repair.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not a fan either. Keep in mind that this is only a concept truck, and the actual truck will likely look much different, and I suspect more like the ICE version of a Ram truck.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did I hear some states are actually considering banning EVehicles because of their useless drain on the power grid?
There are articles all over the internet saying that Wyoming is considering banning them. Haven't heard about any others though. But lets keep this thread on the topic of the Ram concept truck.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
It kind of looks cool , if you are a big ass **** I guess, would make a good sort truck to haul beer I guess, I can just see all the contractors and oil field guy running out to buy one,
There is a video somewhere I seen They did say it cost $1 mil to build , so you can't play with it.

Squirrel1270

Air Force Retired
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After watching the big reveal video, all I can say is... nope! Can you imagine how much all that fancy techno crap is going to cost? Not to mention the fact that you'll have to have a PHD in computer science just to change a tire.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
hey all, have you seen the new ram electric truck that will shown this year in vegas? you can take a look here at this tread

View attachment 511676
This is too futuristic for me. This is going to be a huge high $ vehicle! I'll bet more than 70K US. I don't like it, but the guys with lots of $ most likely will line up with cash in hand to order one. What happened to the RAM getting the 3. L 6 cyc engine?

Jebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did I hear some states are actually considering banning EVehicles because of their useless drain on the power grid?
"Useless"?

How many gas stations existed when gas cars first came out?

Jebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i dont care for this either nor any electric vehicle other than a dam golf cart.
A lot of people felt the same way when petrol vehicles started replacing the horse and buggy. But imagine how nice it was to not have horse crap everywhere. Today's dino-burning vehicles are our era's "horse and buggy".

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
A lot of people felt the same way when petrol vehicles started replacing the horse and buggy. But imagine how nice it was to not have horse crap everywhere. Today's dino-burning vehicles are our era's "horse and buggy".
I've seen this argument made many times. Huge fail. The internal combustion engine was something brand new at the time. People weren't generally used to seeing them. But electric vehicles have been out for decades. People are familiar with their short-comings, and have the knowledge to make an informed decision on whether or not to buy into one.

We've already seen issues in California where the power grid was so stressed that the governor had to ask people not to charge their cars during peak hours. This can only get worse if more and more people switch to electric vehicles. And unless you have a fast home charger, it will take a week to fully charge some of the higher capacity battery packs with a 110 VAC home charger.

Charging stations and gas stations may supply the same basic service. But the experience and time spent are drastically different. I don't like taking the time to fill my gas tank as it is. I couldn't imagine having to be at a charging station for the time it takes even the fastest chargers to fully charge my battery.

It sounds like you're a fan. That's fantastic! You can buy one when they come out. But you aren't going to convince intelligent people to switch using the horse and buggy analogy. It just doesn't float.

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It really isnt tooo bad.
They need to rework the tail light idea, make the cab and box meeting point look more like a pickup, and the front headlight hood humps ram is known for need to be more defined.

doc 11 ACR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't call AAA to bring you 5 gallons of electricity. The real problem, as I understand it, is that electric vehicles are way too heavy for the existing parking structures. They are post-tensioned to accommodate a certain number of tones based on PSI. Both items taken into consideration are a concrete mix, depth of pour, the diameter of inlay steel gridwork, the diameter of the steel cable, and tension. In other words, park on the street.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"Useless"?

How many gas stations existed when gas cars first came out?
Yeah, but our country didn't run on gas for electricity either?
Huge difference when Mrs. Betty can't watch her stories on TV, becomes a real world problem when the Grid starts shutting down.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can't call AAA to bring you 5 gallons of electricity. The real problem, as I understand it, is that electric vehicles are way too heavy for the existing parking structures. They are post-tensioned to accommodate a certain number of tones based on PSI. Both items taken into consideration are a concrete mix, depth of pour, the diameter of inlay steel gridwork, the diameter of the steel cable, and tension. In other words, park on the street.
Well maybe you can, -TegedPcxwk.jpg sent this Daughter sent this to me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Imagine, California had a power shortage & the Governor ask people not to use large appliances until 9PM & do not charge your EVs.
Imagine that & only 7% of California's vehicles are EVs

Another thing, auto manufacturers of EVs are proclaiming that contractors could use their EVs as a power source on construction sites.
I picture that contractor getting in their vehicle at the end of the work day.

Pulling a Generator out to the site is a much more efficient choice