DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
Just to keep ya'll updated -

Big Yella has had some "paint issues' since I got it. The passenger door had some clear coat peeling that's gotten worse over the last four years, the lower front clip was faded and chipped, and apparently you can't get a Detonator Yellow front grille for an '09.

So, after some color-blind fool rear-ended me, I figured I'd get it all done at once:

Since I've made the decision to keep it, there's more to be done. Got a bunch of interior pieces out now changing the colors to match the outside. We'll see how that comes out.
Wahrsuul! I was just thinking of you today and realized I hadn’t seen any posts for a while! I sure miss your optimism and wisdom! Good to hear from you. And good luck with your restorations!

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to missed D/L, hope all goes well with the fuel pump. Did you ever get the bumper sorted?

With the new PC rules in place, I've been *****ed and mod-ded a few times, so I'm trying to be more careful in my posts.

The interior mods are going fair-to-middlin. I cracked the trim around the shifter - apparently there was some gunk under it holding down one side so it wouldn't release easily. Still deciding whether to order a new one or not. Also I need to find a center stack, apparently all the A/C controls and switches are mounted to it, so when I want to paint that part I wouldn't be able to drive the truck for a while.

More pics as I get things done. Maybe TOTM material before too long?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK, well got new Family member to take the place of departed member on 16 Jul 2021. Pure bred Male boxer, 3 yrs, 7 months, name is COLT. A lil hellion for sure.

You must be registered for see images attach
nice find, looks like you both hit the Jack pot . both dogs getting along ok ?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wahrsuul! I was just thinking of you today and realized I hadn’t seen any posts for a while! I sure miss your optimism and wisdom! Good to hear from you. And good luck with your restorations!
Dodgegirl, you've been missed also ! I never let my vehicles get below 1/4 tank to protect the fuel pump. I do miss the days when the pump wasn't located in the tank.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice to missed D/L, hope all goes well with the fuel pump. Did you ever get the bumper sorted?

With the new PC rules in place, I've been *****ed and mod-ded a few times, so I'm trying to be more careful in my posts.

The interior mods are going fair-to-middlin. I cracked the trim around the shifter - apparently there was some gunk under it holding down one side so it wouldn't release easily. Still deciding whether to order a new one or not. Also I need to find a center stack, apparently all the A/C controls and switches are mounted to it, so when I want to paint that part I wouldn't be able to drive the truck for a while.

More pics as I get things done. Maybe TOTM material before too long?
I too have missed your morning "surly" posts. Lol. I for one am glad you're keeping the yellow beast. Great color and not many around.

Kermudge

U.S. Navy Retired 68-95
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
Old folks jokes. :)

Patient: “Doctor, you have to help me, I think I can see in the future.”
Doctor: “When did it start?”
Patient: “Next Friday.”

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Morning all. A day of painting doors oh what fun :O lol
You all have a good day Stay Safe

pessimist vs optimist (x-post from funny)​

The pessimist says, 'It can't get any worse!' And the optimist replies, 'Oh yes it can!