Senior Citizen Club II

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess I'll toss my health issues in as well. I'm doing pretty good after my weekend bout with the flu. The wife on the other hand.... she's still having trouble keeping anything down. We've been trying to get in touch with her regular doc, but that's near impossible lately. Our daughter works in health care so we got her scheduled to go in sometime this morning. She thinks maybe some IV fluids will help, but guess we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm here at work as there's no one else to do this stuff and as usual, the reservists here wait till the last minute to do things, then it's a panic situation. They're not amused by my lack of concern over their self-made emergency, but I still try to help them out.

With the health issues, I haven't done much to the truck, so still driving the CH-R. Filled it up this morning and doing the same regular commute I do with the truck, I'm getting around 32mpg. That's twice what the truck gets in a car that weighs half as much (around 3k lbs) with a third (2.0 L) the engine size. Still, it's weird being that low to the ground all the time, and the trans still irritates me. If you try to hammer it, it spins the engine way up, then it feels like it's slipping the clutch to catch the trans up to speed. So getting on it off the line doesn't work well.

Out Here

Treburkulosis

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Morning all. It was a short night. I have a GFCI plug that I have to replace today. Its gotten weak. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all slightly senor PPL. NE way, hope all PPL's are well, and paying attention ref Covid, shots, insanity over masks again and all the other stuff. All PPL stay responsible and safe. ADDED: I shall be awaiting the time frame so I can get my Pfizer recommended 3rd Covid shot (booster)...

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Another great weather day.....cool mornings...clear.....will warm to mid 70s. As I type this....I am looking at a beautiful eagle perched in a tree behind the house.....one big bird! Gonna spend today.....outside with the dog doin some work.....great to be here and having fun.

A farmer is in court, suing the trucking company whose truck injured him in an accident​

He is on the stand, and the company's lawyer is questioning him, trying to disprove the merit of his claim.
"Mister Brown," the lawyer says, "did you not tell the responding officer, after the crash, that you were -and I quote- fine?"
"Well," says the farmer, "you see, I was driving my mule to town..."
"Sir, please answer the question. Did you or did you not say you were fine?"
"Well now, you have to understand, I was driving my mule..."
"Sir! Stop avoiding the question. Remember, you are under oath! Did you not tell the officer **you were fine?**"
The farmer turn to the judge and says, "Your honor, I am trying to answer the nice man's question, but he wont let me."
The judge says "I'll allow it, but it better be relevant."
The farmer thanks him and begin, "Well, you see, I was driving my truck to town, with my trailer hitched to the back and my mule in the trailer. As we cross an intersection, this big truck blows past the stop sign and smashes into us. The truck splits in two, I'm thrown into one ditch on the side of the road, the mule is thrown into the other, and the truck just keeps going."
"Now I'm in bad shape. My arm is broke, my leg is broke, half my ribs are broke. But my mule is in worse shape, from what I can hear. She's screaming and thrashing and making a pitiful racket."
"I hear tires come to a stop on the gravel, a door close and footsteps crunching across the road to the other ditch. I hear the mule screaming for a minute more and then a shot rang out, and it went quiet. The footsteps then start to come my way. I look up to see a state trooper putting his gun back in his holster."
"He says to me, sir, I am terribly sorry. Your mule was gravely injured, she was in terrible pain, and I had no choice but to put her down. ... How are *you?*"

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Another nice day on the tundra, Wizers. Spent the day pruning and thinning the woods, protecting new seedlings. Pretty whipped now, in a good way.

Best wishes to all to survive viruses and bad weather.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was correct, my dermatologist eliminated 1 pill, it reached the amount of time that it is suggested that you use it.
I may have to start taking it again after a unknown period of time.
I am down to 7 prescribed pills & 3 breathing aids

He also looked at the leg ulcer & said it looked nice and red, i think it looks raw, but it has shrunk in size

It sure is muggy today & that is strange it is only 87 degrees F , that is cooler than it has been for the last few days

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was correct, my dermatologist eliminated 1 pill, it reached the amount of time that it is suggested that you use it.
I may have to start taking it again after a unknown period of time.
I am down to 7 prescribed pills & 3 breathing aids

He also looked at the leg ulcer & said it looked nice and red, i think it looks raw, but it has shrunk in size

It sure is muggy today & that is strange it is only 87 degrees F , that is cooler than it has been for the last few days
Regardless, no self medicating, LOL, except maybe for a brew, but TC of yerself. All MHO only, but then I's a BOIRD. HOSS roots for my team, LOL...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Good seeing most are doing well ! The joys of getting older :O
My old work buddy Mike Called me this afternoon and told me he had what the calla Mini Stroke :O A blood clot back of the brain, They were talking emergency surgery to add a Stent ! But luckily the meds cleared up the clot ! I took him the the Pharmacy to get his meds and he has a interview at his work place to a less stressful job there. Less $$$ No OT but LESS STRESS ! SO a plus and keeps his benefits :) So if he is up for the meeting I told him to call me for a ride ! Best to chill for a few day !
We did have a good BS session but man gives you a reality check about life and how fast it can go away :(
Hope you all have a good evening Stay Safe

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That reminds me of a horse that i use to care for when the stable owner or manager had to go on a trip.

The stable was on the outskirts of Waterbury, Connecticut on the Wolcott Road.
Most of those horses stayed outside, i just had to make sure that the owners had left water, feed & hay.

Sometimes a horse trailer would back up to the stable & a couple guys would open a stall gate & lead a horse in. They were cordial but not very talkative.
They would say something about when they would be back & leave a note for Frenchy, i never did know if he owned the property or just took care of it for someone. He was just a friend of my Uncle Don.

I do recall Gene Autry's horse Champion reaching over the stall & trying to take a nip out of my shoulder & i thought i was liked.
I never got to ride Topper, William Boyds ,( Hopalong Cassidy) show horse, but my Sister did. We were visiting a fancy stable in New Jersey at the time.

Frenchy also took care of Arthur Godfrey's horse 'Goldie'
It was going to be in a parade & needed some rest
You have likely never seen a horse dance like Goldie

Here is an old film, where they display the intricate and beautiful art of dressage

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all slightly senor PPL. NE way, hope all PPL's are well, and paying attention ref Covid, shots, insanity over masks again and all the other stuff. All PPL stay responsible and safe. ADDED: I shall be awaiting the time frame so I can get my Pfizer recommended 3rd Covid shot (booster)...