Senior Citizen Club II

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all slightly senor PPL. NE way, hope all PPL's are well, and paying attention ref Covid, shots, insanity over masks again and all the other stuff

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything from NC on up gets snow pretty regular.

I lost a tree during the weekend "ice storm". It split down the middle pretty much about 5' off the ground. Right next to the truck. Some branches came close to hitting, but not quite.

Down here we got some ice in the trees and metal fences/outdoor furniture, but mostly just slush that wouldn't stick. It cleared up long enough to dry most things out before starting with the freezing rain again. We never lost power, but some others in the are did for a while. Had gas for the generator and propane for the heaters and grill so I was as ready as I could be. Supposed to be another wave of cold on the way this weekend.

Out Here
Going from the 70's here now to the 20's tonight. BOIRD gonna have to cover tailfeathers, not wanna get sick. Currently at time of this posting, 68 F. Be putting the blakie on the hossie tonight and already went to feed store and got what needed and turned off all outside water access. PPL not understand down here almost all stuff is PVC, schedule 40 which is why there was so much damage last February.

extended.jpg

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything from NC on up gets snow pretty regular.

I lost a tree during the weekend "ice storm". It split down the middle pretty much about 5' off the ground. Right next to the truck. Some branches came close to hitting, but not quite.

Down here we got some ice in the trees and metal fences/outdoor furniture, but mostly just slush that wouldn't stick. It cleared up long enough to dry most things out before starting with the freezing rain again. We never lost power, but some others in the are did for a while. Had gas for the generator and propane for the heaters and grill so I was as ready as I could be. Supposed to be another wave of cold on the way this weekend.

Out Here
My CUZ in Western NC got almost a foot the other day. She is NW of Charlotte more towards the "hills".

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When was the last time you saw snow on the east coast?
Last time I saw snow was in NJ early 80's. Not been back "home" during ne winter periods since. SAW some snow in Germany tho, especially down south in the Alp's at Bad Tolz.

CAVEAT: When I was a kid growing up, them Nor-Easters come in and dump 3 feet on the NJ Shore. I got the job of shoveling the snow off the roof of the house and garage since they were not built to handle the tons of snow weight that was on the roof. Finish shoveling off, not use ladder, just JUMP into snow pile, LOL. Oh, those were the days, mid to late 60's.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Afternoon all.

My son stil doing well, Each day a bit better, Will probaly head to his place this weekend or early next week, Just want to see how he does next few days :)P

Light snow today, A warm 17* , but not windy :) rest of week will hit single digits and a few -* at night, But each day a day closer to spring !
You all have a good day Stay Safe
:)

1642618615702.png

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Afternoon all.

My son stil doing well, Each day a bit better, Will probaly head to his place this weekend or early next week, Just want to see how he does next few days :)P

Light snow today, A warm 17* , but not windy :) rest of week will hit single digits and a few -* at night, But each day a day closer to spring !
You all have a good day Stay Safe
:)

View attachment 483224
Well, maybe consider the "source". :anitoof::Big Laugh:

CAVEAT: ALL SERIOUS: Glad to hear your son is doing Better.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Some grey skies but no rain.......will be 50 later today......gonna do some clean up on some trees that fell during the snowstorm down by the road......make some firewood. Have fun....be safe...stay well.

Speaking of coffee Rado.....

Four Catholic mothers were having coffee together and discussing how wonderful their children are. The first mother says, "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father.'" The second mother says, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room, people say, 'Your Grace.'" The third woman says smugly, "Well, not to put you down, but my son is a Cardinal. When he walks into a room, people say, 'Your Eminence.'" The fourth woman sips her coffee in silence. The first three women give her a subtle, "Well?" She replies, "My son is a handsome, 6' 3" hard-bodied, Chippendale's stripper. When he walks into a room, all the women say, 'Oh, my God!'"

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Winter of 1966 was the last Connecticut snow fall,
i had just been discharged from the Navy in October
I had cut off my hand cast, from when the 2 one thousand pound low drag bombs collided with my hand in between.
That winter i worked in a Timex Plant that was making bomb fuses, i was QC Inspector

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CAVEAT: When I was a kid growing up, them Nor-Easters come in and dump 3 feet on the NJ Shore. I got the job of shoveling the snow off the roof of the house and garage since they were not built to handle the tons of snow weight that was on the roof. Finish shoveling off, not use ladder, just JUMP into snow pile, LOL. Oh, those were the days, mid to late 60's.

One time during the summer, when we lived in Alaska, we went to a garage sale and as we drove up to the house i noticed a snowblower on the roof. I thought "what the heck?" and then "oh, i get it..."