Senior Citizen Club II

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Due to my constant headaches, the Doc sent me for a CT scan of my head.... they didn't find anything.

Seems my contract here is up 31 May. They keep telling us it'll be extended, but as of now there's nothing in writing. We already lost one guy on another contract like that. There's five or six of us on this one. Guess we'll see. I'm pretty ambivalent about it at this point.

Got into a race with an Chevy 3500 dually this morning. No real reason, just a whim. I was pulling ahead nicely when I realized we were rounding a curve that the cops like to hide on, so I backed off. The cops weren't there, but I'm already headed to work and didn't want to risk making my morning worse.

Had to buy a "loaner" car for the kids this past weekend. The daughter screwed up her car big time. She's got an extended warranty through one of those aftermarket companies, so her friend at the repair shop said he'd have do the work when he had time so it'd be cheaper and also itemize it all so he could see what the warranty would pay for. Apparently those companies take every opportunity to not pay out - who knew?

So anyway, she wanted to borrow one of our vehicles, but neither of us were comfortable giver her our keys. Offered to pay for a rental, but they get expensive quick. So I found an 06 4cyl Camry with less than 100k on it. Paid more than I wanted, but small used cars are expensive right now. It's about as plain as it can be, but I'll fix that when she's done with it. Maybe I'll "Mad Max" it.... could be fun. Wonder if I can get a lift kit for it?

Anyway, just walking in the door here is already annoying; someone or something has screwed things up again and I've spent a good part of the week tracking it down. Now I've got to pass all the findings up the food chain and see if one of the SMEs up there can fix it.

Out Here

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Due to my constant headaches, the Doc sent me for a CT scan of my head.... they didn't find anything.

Seems my contract here is up 31 May. They keep telling us it'll be extended, but as of now there's nothing in writing. We already lost one guy on another contract like that. There's five or six of us on this one. Guess we'll see. I'm pretty ambivalent about it at this point.

Got into a race with an Chevy 3500 dually this morning. No real reason, just a whim. I was pulling ahead nicely when I realized we were rounding a curve that the cops like to hide on, so I backed off. The cops weren't there, but I'm already headed to work and didn't want to risk making my morning worse.

Had to buy a "loaner" car for the kids this past weekend. The daughter screwed up her car big time. She's got an extended warranty through one of those aftermarket companies, so her friend at the repair shop said he'd have do the work when he had time so it'd be cheaper and also itemize it all so he could see what the warranty would pay for. Apparently those companies take every opportunity to not pay out - who knew?

So anyway, she wanted to borrow one of our vehicles, but neither of us were comfortable giver her our keys. Offered to pay for a rental, but they get expensive quick. So I found an 06 4cyl Camry with less than 100k on it. Paid more than I wanted, but small used cars are expensive right now. It's about as plain as it can be, but I'll fix that when she's done with it. Maybe I'll "Mad Max" it.... could be fun. Wonder if I can get a lift kit for it?

Anyway, just walking in the door here is already annoying; someone or something has screwed things up again and I've spent a good part of the week tracking it down. Now I've got to pass all the findings up the food chain and see if one of the SMEs up there can fix it.

Out Here
My friend has a Toyota Corolla, 4 cylinder, 4 speed, 2006, been driving it forever. He has done the mx required. NE way, has over 380K on it, LOL. Change the oil and such, they run for a while.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Morning all. Sunny and 70s and may see the 80s. :)
But Mother Natures being a Nasty Lady she may give us a Blizzard 4 July lol

On the Home front
#1 son still doing OK ,Not 100% but good.
M.I.L. is doing OK on a Oxygen Concentrator 24/7 and has the O2 bottles on wheels !
Her brain function is way better now she is getting plenty of O2!
The MRI or what test they have done showed she did have a significant stroke before and a few small strokes :O
So between low O2 and blood clots it has been tough on her. But still going on at 91 :)

Will head out to Lunch today with a old work buddy I have not seen in a few months and play catch up :)
His son had 16 years active in the AF and got out :O. They were way over worked !
But giving up 16 years :O
He did go into the Air Guard or Reserves but forgot which one lol Hey Im old lol

And for me my Daughter in Fla. Called me to say she is pregnant :) And is having a boy :)
Grand Kid Count
7 Grandson's
1 Granddaughter
Guess making a girl must be a hard thing to do in my family lol
It should be easy to make a girl because the pattern is right in front of you lol
I have
4 Boys
1 Daughter

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all. Sunny and 70s and may see the 80s. :)
But Mother Natures being a Nasty Lady she may give us a Blizzard 4 July lol

On the Home front
#1 son still doing OK ,Not 100% but good.
M.I.L. is doing OK on a Oxygen Concentrator 24/7 and has the O2 bottles on wheels !
Her brain function is way better now she is getting plenty of O2!
The MRI or what test they have done showed she did have a significant stroke before and a few small strokes :O
So between low O2 and blood clots it has been tough on her. But still going on at 91 :)

Will head out to Lunch today with a old work buddy I have not seen in a few months and play catch up :)
His son had 16 years active in the AF and got out :O. They were way over worked !
But giving up 16 years :O
He did go into the Air Guard or Reserves but forgot which one lol Hey Im old lol

And for me my Daughter in Fla. Called me to say she is pregnant :) And is having a boy :)
Grand Kid Count
7 Grandson's
1 Granddaughter
Guess making a girl must be a hard thing to do in my family lol
I have
4 Boys
1 Daughter
NAVY thang?????

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Some rain but will be in the 60's later today.....strange weather....just read that our area had the coldest April since 1893.....8th wettest as well.....who knew? Did a tour at the museum yesterday for a Model A club from Calif......great folks....they were on am 18 day trip driving their cars...headed down the coast from here.....beautiful cars! Have fun folks....enjoy the weekend.

Told to me by one of the old tour guys yesterday......

How A/C was invented​

The four Goldberg brothers - Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Maxwell - invent vehicle air conditioning. But they have a hard time marketing it.

Well, on one 97-degree Detroit summer day, the four brothers walk into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talk his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen are there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry is curious and invites them into his office. They refuse and instead ask that he come out to the parking lot to their car. They persuade him to get into the car, which is about 130 degrees. Then Max hits the A/C and the car starts cooling down rapidly.

Well, ol' man Ford gets very excited and invites them back to the office, where he offers them $3 million for the patent. The brothers refuse, saying they'll settle for $2 million, but they want the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air Conditioner' on the dashboard of each car in which it's installed.

Now old man Ford is more than just a businessman, he's a smart businessman. And there's no way he's gonna put the Goldbergs' name on two million vehicles - what about his competitors? They haggle back and forth for about two hours and finally agree on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioner controls say Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of my friends who quit after a lifetime of smoking developed multiple ailments within a year of stopping.
Give a body 50 years of nicotine and then cut off the supply, there's bound to be physical reactions.
I started at 14, I'll be 66 in a couple of weeks and still almost 2 packs a day.
I'm 6'2", 190lbs and can still lift half my weight even after a broken back in 1980 and triple hernia surgery in 96.
I take no meds, see no doctors, and haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 40 years this July 11th.

If I quit now I have no doubt I'd be dead before 70.